Thread: Bowland Route Recommendations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bowland/Dales Route Recommendations

Hi all,

I'm in search of quieter, fell training routes which are reachable within an hour or so of Otley by car, and are runnable in 3-4hours at a steady trot (more determined shuffling than running!). So probably along the lines of 15-20 miles, 3-4000ft. I have one from Horton over PYG/Plover/Darnbrook/Fountains which is about right, and another from Kettlewell to Meugher/Gt Whernside/Little Whernside to try. My calves won't stand anything too runnable or firm so i'm looking for hilly terrain and mostly soft underfoot.

I don't know the Bowland hills at all but these seem to potentially fit the bill. Does anyone have any recommendations, including start/end points, parking spots etc? Are there good options from close to Gisburn?

I'm tied to fitting it in between school pick-up/drop-off hence the limitations, and i'm aiming to build up strength and stamina so I can do some 30+ mile runs after xmas (and post-CX season) in preparation for the Fellsman.

Any advice and recommendations greatly appreciated. Also for other areas if they fit the bill.

Ta muchly
    Last edited by ChevinbyTorchlight; 28-09-2023 at 11:40 AM.