Hi -

I walked around leg one on Saturday just gone . I reckon it’s probably 5 years plus since I last did this leg . I was quite gobsmacked with the wear and tear as well as the track that now marks out the route in almost it entirety.
It was a while ago but I don’t recall the route being as boggy and heavy as it was on Saturday, particularly over towards Hare crag . I appreciate it’s October and following a wet summer but it was quite significant .

Has it got worse over of theyears or is it as a result of the foot fall that’s churning it up ? How does it look June / July? And do we know if this is causing a problem with timings on this leg .

I was walking , but I was 1 hour slower than when I walked it last I put this down to the bog and the descent of halls fell

Also , Halls fell . I noticed some scree to the right
At the of halls fell. Is this a route option or erosion ? Again , is was wet and extremely sketchy coming off halls fell . I’m not sure I’d fancy that in the wet . I went straight off the top following the traditional route but it looks like another path of scree has appears to the right ?

Which option off Blencathra Would be advised / quickest / safest in wet, and potentially dark conditions

Finally , on approaching the kennels , there appears to be new signs directing you though fields and over stiles which I took .

Last time I recall going passed the kennels and the farm road into the village . Has this changed ?
Regards