Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Scafell Pike

Cheers for the encouragement folks. If I can negotiate my various childcare/logistical issues I have, I'll definitely be there.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well you aren't dead yet so...
    Maybe a run at the Scafell Pike Race would rectify that anomaly . . .

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I cant stop laughing at that response

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Well maybe so; but apart from that possibility...?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

We are in the lakes this weekend, never done this race, sounds like it's one everyone needs to do! Does it ascend/descend Lingmell nose, or further round were it's even steeper? For some reason I was envisaging it going up Brown Tongue to Lingmell Col, suppose that would be to 'easy!

Banned
    Lingmell nose, up & down.

Enjoy Rev��

Just for information, I'm re-jigging the course slightly at the start/finish as the NT have restricted access to the path on the south side of Lingmell Gill (LG). The start will do a loop of the car parking field which will now contain the registration tent & an event shelter (in case of bad weather) in order to thin out the crowd a bit before sending you up the same return route as the Wasdale descent from the Pike. The runners will turn sharp left as you leave the field & follow the path on the north side of LG, which narrows progressively to a single track (no overtaking) then a kissing gate before opening up onto a grassy ascent, then one more gate & you are on the Lingmell Nose proper. Out & back the same way. I'll amend the map on the CFRA website & post a link here.
    I have also extended the closing date for pre-entries to next Thursday 14th as there are only just over 30 pre-entries so far & there will be quite a large number entering on the day (EOD) but that costs more, so you can save yourselves 3 quid if you prefer.
    Info is on the CFRA website at :-
    www.cfra.co.uk
    Hope to see some of you there, we just need the weather now.....

As promised here is the link to the Scafell Pike route for this year. To thin out the field of runners it is proposed to do a circuit of the car parking field first then use exactly the same out & back route as the descent from the Pike at the end of the Wasdale Fell Race. Here is the link :-
    http://www.cfra.co.uk/scafellmap.pdf
    Please let folk know that they can pre-enter up until this Thursday. I am quite happy to accept substitutions & anyone who lets me know they can't run after having entered & paid up can have a free entry to 2018's Scafell Pike. Book early to avoid disappointment!!!

MrRTS's race 35 of his 50@50 tomorrow on this super scrappy mountain. Beau Dog and I will be out with the camera and cheering as usual. Those that now know Beau Dog know that he cheers very very loud ;-) Good luck everyone, have fun and stay safe. How exciting!

He will of done the 3 peaks this year too after Scafell so will be on the list of "King of the Mountains" He wont be winning it though haha. Unless no-one with less combined points than him turns up tomorrow :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    MrRTS's race 35 of his 50@50 tomorrow on this super scrappy mountain. Beau Dog and I will be out with the camera and cheering as usual. Those that now know Beau Dog know that he cheers very very loud ;-) Good luck everyone, have fun and stay safe. How exciting!

He will of done the 3 peaks this year too after Scafell so will be on the list of "King of the Mountains" He wont be winning it though haha. Unless no-one with less combined points than him turns up tomorrow :-)
    See you there, I recognise Beau Dog's shouts now, ha ha!
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC