Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mental Health

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Just to advise, the format/process has been quite extensive with her having to get this cleared by a supervisor and an ethics committee.
    So I appreciate the feedback, but it's not just above my paygrade, but Mel's as well
    Which makes it even stranger that, as Mossdog and I have found, the first question is completely unclear as to what you are supposed to be doing.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    The first box for input - is that to be filled in with a description of the event or not? It's not clear. However, I left it blank and then completed all of the other questions. Hope that helps.
    That is what I did - it wasn't clear what was wanted.

I've had a look - I assume it's "Self-defining memory question (Singer & Blagrov, 2004)" and I can see where you are coming from.

It isn't framed as a question - perhaps that is intentional - I wouldn't know - it seems to be inviting us to bring up a memory and put our thoughts down.

Maybe it is deliberately set to leave it open to the participant to respond freely, where a more clearly framed question might offer direction.

I don't want to ask, because I'm just putting it out there for her and am being very passive in doing so.

I appreciate all your support.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I've had a look - I assume it's "Self-defining memory question (Singer & Blagrov, 2004)" and I can see where you are coming from.

It isn't framed as a question - perhaps that is intentional - I wouldn't know - it seems to be inviting us to bring up a memory and put our thoughts down.

Maybe it is deliberately set to leave it open to the participant to respond freely, where a more clearly framed question might offer direction.

I don't want to ask, because I'm just putting it out there for her and am being very passive in doing so.

I appreciate all your support.
    Having spent over 30 years in a career as a HCPC registered psychologist, working in the NHS, Local Government, and for a few NGOs, I've had the pleasure (ahem!)of devising, often as a team, a fair few questionnaires, surveys and worst of all, tests. Despite one's best efforts there is usually some aspect of their design and/or implementation that unexpectedly doesn't go as your detailed planning and multiple hours sweated efforts anticipated.

That's one of the 'pleasures' of working with confounding varmints called humans

All the best to Mel.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...74379904400209

https://hnmcp.law.harvard.edu/wp-con...werPoint.pdfIt
    Am Yisrael Chai

HI Everyone, my daughter is almost qualified as a Clinical Psychologist. It's been a long road with her last 18 months of the doctorate course extended by Covid and Pregnancy.

She's trying to get over the finish line now and needs some takers for this survey.

I don't want to know if you take part, but if any of you can find the time I would be grateful as will Mel.

https://lancasteruni.eu.qualtrics.co...js7ZuGINNbZJnE

The relationship between childhood trauma, self-defining memories, and self-concept clarity
    HI Everyone - she's doing quite well, she's over halfway now in completed surveys.

If anyone hasn't done it and are prepared to, I'll be very grateful on Mel's behalf

Based on the feedback of a few others, when you get to "Self-defining memory question (Singer & Blagrov, 2004)" there is a space where you should outline the memory you are reflecting on in whatever way you are comfortable doing.
    A couple have commented that it wasn't so clear that this was what was expected.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell