Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumlumon Challenge

Re: Pumlumon Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    cheers for the tips, i'll take extra fig rolls and hope for good visability, then everything should be alright! one more question.......'survival blanket', can that be foil? or does it mean an orange bivvy bag?

see you there
    Foil has been accepted everywhere I have been (make sure it is a bag rather than blanket you purchase, the latter is sometimes refused by Mountain rescue teams if they do a kit check). I don't carry the orange jobs anymore as they are too bulky.
    Lifesystems I think is mine, take it out of it's original bag, put it in a airtight gripper bag and squash it down as flat as poss. then seal the airtight bag
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Hi Cheese
    They give out an excellent 1:2500 map at the start with the suggested route marked and even some written advice.
    Apparently it is the required route rather than the suggested route: so don't get lost or you'll get disqualified!

Pick the ticks out of your legs at the end and don't drink from the River Severn: there's a dead sheep in the source!

I have not had anything through yet so have just phoned them. Think she said I am number 94 - certainly in the 90s anyway. She said it is chucking it down at the moment but forecast is quite good for tomorrow. About 140 entered but about 10 dropped out due to the earlier weather forecasts and probably today's conditions. Sufferring with man flu at the moment but unless I wake up dead I will make myself do it

There are some details on runfurther.com of the race route, race rules etc. There is also some discussion about this race on the runfurther.com forum (if you have a password!).

just had an excellent weekend of camping and running about the hills! i was really impressed with the organisation and thought the course was really tough-but in a good way! a lovely friendly atmosphere, will certainly be back for more......despite those toffee waffer things that are the strangest things i have ever eaten/chewed!