Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowdonia Marathon 2007

Re: Snowdonia Marathon 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    Sinatra is in for this one he has just completed his first Marathon by doing Great Langdale last week and now has Snowdonia to follow.

I am hoping to be along the route somewhere with the Camera all being well and the weather ok.
    Yes, having come in at 4 hours and 6 mins at Langdale, I will be looking to come in just under the 4 hours mark for this one.

Bring on the hills!

(GULP)

Sent my form off the other day. Good luck everyone.
    Everybody's heart doesn't beat the same.

Same here. Got the relevant OS map yesterday. this will also be my first marathon. My goal for this race is to come to that big climb out of Waunfawr in fit enough shape to run up it, and then to do so. Haven't a clue about the time.

i`ll be there ,
    ive done it 4 times the finish has changed so it finishes in the same field as the snowdon race.
    dont know what time i`ll do though not been running well for last couple of years my p.b on this course is 2:46 but i dont think i`ll get nowhere near that this year.
    very good road race for those who like long fell races

To those of you who have run this before...I just have a couple of things to ask.

What's the best way to the start? Silly question, but the missus and i are staying in a B&B near Llanberis and the plan is for her to drop me off at Nant Peris and then hang around for start. Is this possible? I'm asking because Nant is a wee place and the traffic, congestion etc might make it tricky. I read on the race web site that there are buses taking runners from Llanberis to Nant.

Also, is there any way of getting your own drinks at the drink stations? Whereabouts on the route are they by the way?

Ta v. much.

The water stations are shown on the following link:

http://www.btinternet.com/~timjayne..../coursemap.pdf

The race starts in a big lay by off the road. Can't remember if there is parking there or a bit further back. Seem to remember the lay by may be closed off to traffic but can't swear on it. There's certainly always people gathered watching at the start, any way.

There are buses that take u to the start but we normally walk / run to the start as a gentle warm up. Saves queueing any way.

There usually seems to be some space in the big layby next to the start field otherwise there is a large (with loos) National Park car park on the Llanberis Pass end of the village - that is also a good area to spectate as the crowd will have thinned slightly as it passes through the village. If it's a fine day as it was last year then it is actually a pleasant walk to Nant Peris from Llanberis.

Found this link to tv documentary on last years race.

http://www.itvlocal.com/wales/docume...26&void=103884

A good documentary that 'Safety Pin' useful as I am going to come along and take photos of the race.

Yes, that's really informative. I've driven round most of the course but had never seen the wee bit on the farm track. Bet that's a joy at that stage in the race. And then switching back to road again. Ouch!

Can't wait!