Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A day off work

A day off work

Well its a day off from work for me today of sorts, strange being off in term time. Little Harry is poorly so I have took the day off to look after him poor little chap is full of a cold, heavy going for him when he is only 6 months old.

Managed a short 30mins on the Mountain bike at 7 this morning before Tracey went off to work. Can try and catch up on some work on the computers while all is quiet here - well sorted - Fellrunner, Sportshoes/Amazon (shopping), SOW's, Lesson Plans and Course files seems a logical order.

Also get to try out our New MacBook Pro Laptop two weeks old and not had chance to use it yet to busy with photos.
    Last edited by Pinno; 02-10-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Re: A day off work

what do you teach ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    what do you teach ?
    I am an ICT Lecturer teaching students how to get the most from Apple Computer Technology and Applications plus Digital Photography and Web Development

Sounds good, I spend all my day on a Mac and have a fair bit of technical knowlege of a mac as well, how did you get into that side of it?

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    Sounds good, I spend all my day on a Mac and have a fair bit of technical knowlege of a mac as well, how did you get into that side of it?
    What do you use your Mac for?

I have been working with Apple Mac's since the release of the Mac plus/SE models years back. I have got quite an extensive knowledge of all the systems up to the very latest Imac Models. I did a lot of repairs and upgrades a few years back nowadays its usually just memory upgrades.

I got into Mac's by a friend lending me one I could not believe how much better it was to compared to the awful PC systems we used to use.

I have used most systems from then onwards over the years. Now we have had an array of G4/G5 and Intel Mac's for home use. I have done a fair bit of training with Apple UK.

Plus the software is superb from The iLife '08 Apps through to Adobe Creative Suite of programmes. I am more into the Creative side of using our Mac's now and most of all they are fun to use.

I'm a graphic designer and have been using Macs since the late 80's I can't remember the model but it was black and white and was a tiny screen!!

I use a G5 and a new imac at work, I have a eMac and ibook at home I love them, a lot better than pcs!!

I use Adobe Creative Suite and Quark really.

Just wondering how you get to do something else besides design!

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    I'm a graphic designer and have been using Macs since the late 80's I can't remember the model but it was black and white and was a tiny screen!!

I use a G5 and a new imac at work, I have a eMac and ibook at home I love them, a lot better than pcs!!

I use Adobe Creative Suite and Quark really.

Just wondering how you get to do something else besides design!
    Yes totally agree Mac's are better. Glad them tiny B&W screens are in the past. We have a mac mini with Windows Vista Business installed on it and it runs better on that some some colleagues PC systems I only installed it on a Mac for curiosity really Vista is not very user friendly.

Apple will be releasing a new OS imminently I have tried the beta copy and its great a few glitches needed ironing out though. I have got into digital photography hence the running photos on www.flickr.com/photos/davepinno and just bought a new Canon EOS 400D camera a couple of weeks ago. Mind you I think Tracey has used it more than me so far.

I like the graphic design side of things but have done a fair bit of web Design over the last five years with Dreamweaver. Time recently has been my big problem to many things on the go like the fellrunner site it eats away at my time.

Not used QXpress since release 6 CS suite is superb Photoshop and Indesign are what I have been using most recently installed CS3 premium. Never really got to grips with illustrator did use Freehand a bit a few years ago.

I have just had a look at your site and you have pics from Hendersons End fell race? That's the race I was involved in, did you run it or where you taking pictures?

Yes, I ran Henderson End Fell race, I enjoyed it but was not one of my best performances. Tracey took the photos of me while I ran it she didn't take many as she had the baby with her.

Did anyone else take any photos of this race? I noticed a few people out with Canon cameras taking pics?

I got a disk from with images on from Fell Shoe Shuffler, but we've not been able to get the internet at home since moving so not had chance to sort them out, I should be able to sort them out in a couple of weeks