Page 48 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058981485481048 ... LastLast

Thread: Fell Ponies??

Re: Fell Ponies??

anyway..........

It was good to meet the legendary ponies on Sat. A bunch of friendly odd bods mixed together with one common interest - fell running!
    'twas a strange experience in a Fell Pony vest too, within minutes of it being donned by my grand physique someone accosted me in the car park to introduce themselves and there were lots smiles and nods of recognition for the vest during and after the race. The vest does kind of carry a strange aura that people seem to like, well done to all Ponies - keep it up!
    Was a top race, good pint after and good to meet so many new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    If he was in black tights (that sounds odd) then i reckon it was Sluggard....am i right Ponies??

May well have a trip to Darwen on Sunday Jamie, domestic responsibilities permitting
    No I have met sluggard, this chap had grey spikey hair.

I met you at the Darwen gala race Master, but I'm afraid I cant remember what you look like. I was to busy concentrating that day. If I walk past you at a race without speaking then Im not being ignorant just bad memory.

Did you run yesterday??/

Quote Originally Posted by Potto View Post
    anyway..........

It was good to meet the legendary ponies on Sat. A bunch of friendly odd bods mixed together with one common interest - fell running!
    'twas a strange experience in a Fell Pony vest too, within minutes of it being donned by my grand physique someone accosted me in the car park to introduce themselves and there were lots smiles and nods of recognition for the vest during and after the race. The vest does kind of carry a strange aura that people seem to like, well done to all Ponies - keep it up!
    Was a top race, good pint after and good to meet so many new faces.
    Tis all about the vest Potto....and attitude!

We had a good idea on the way back....if people want to join but dont want to fork out for a vest then they are more than welcome to race in home-made ones. Just cut the arms of a t-shirt and write Fell Ponies on the front with a felt tip and hey presto!

In fact, the more i think about it, racing in a home made vest is more true to the cause of being a Fell Pony so all you lot who have bought (lovely) vests and that includes me....are lightweight Ponies!

Anarchy brothers....and sisters

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post

I met you at the Darwen gala race Master, but I'm afraid I cant remember what you look like. I was to busy concentrating that day. If I walk past you at a race without speaking then Im not being ignorant just bad memory.

Did you run yesterday??/
    I did indeed run yesterday....im the weedy Pony

Was it Stolly?? I missed him at the finish....what happened Stolly??

i think that may have been me who accosted you in the car park potto it was my first outing too and you was the first vest i saw .good to meet you anyway mate

We had a good idea on the way back....if people want to join but dont want to fork out for a vest then they are more than welcome to race in home-made ones. Just cut the arms of a t-shirt and write Fell Ponies on the front with a felt tip and hey presto!

In fact, the more i think about it, racing in a home made vest is more true to the cause of being a Fell Pony so all you lot who have bought (lovely) vests and that includes me....are lightweight Ponies!

LIGHTWEIGHT??? It took me hours to sew on all those sequins!! I'm not sure it's quite the finished masterpiece yet either?

Well reporting in in on the damaged foreleg - think sundays Dave Staffs a go-er, went for a swim, sauna and hydrotherapy session tonight - still really swollen and not looking too fine in fact kind of looks as someone put it that I've "been in a car crash"!!! BUT, it's bearable - reckon if I'm pampered all week and with a bit of light trotting round the stable block it should be fine.

no snow here but the new zealand rugs out of the box brrrrrrrrrrrrr

If we are all lightweight ponies does that mean Amex no longer has to diet???

Thumbs up Re: Fell Ponies??

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post

Did you run yesterday??/
    There was 2 north east nags ran around that time, Ambrosia Kid wearing a long sleeve white top under his pony vest and his mate the Fludge who had a black tee shirt under his vest came in just after, hope that helps Jamie.
    my nose runs faster than my feet.
    www.ukfellponies.org.uk

FellMonster

Yeah, just to second the Master.......there never was an obligation to buy the vest.....if you wanna make your own vest / t-shirt....whatever really....go for it........im sure we could even e-mail you the logo if you want to use that in any way.....I just happen to like the vest personally....
    no rules with yonder ponies......just love what you do

Oh my mind is now in over time i can come up with something completely bizarre with a large pony on the front and and even larger one in the thing!!

This is why i love being a pony, absolutely none, no where in sight, on nobody's mind the idea of wearing a high viz jacket, this country has to many high viz jackets and to many people telling you to wear one.

Anarchy anarchy anarchy

*hmmm thinks how he can beat emmzi*
    Going to try again....