Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flu Jab

Re: Flu Jab

i only popped on here to say welcome back emmilou.

Yeah I was fine, I did not sleep to great that night, but I had been drinking diet pepsi all day.

I did a fast hilly 8 miles afterwards.

Hope I dont miss tour, thats what happeneed last year. Im back on my blue inhaler but fine and dandy touch wood.

Are you coughing up carp again Emmi, that must be horrible. Have you spoke to anyone about it, this happened before did'nt it.
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 27-10-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf Tupper View Post
    i only popped on here to say welcome back emmilou.

Thanks Alf!!

J - yeah the carps a real problem!!

been the docs.... am back on the blue inhaler but using it at least twice daily now as oppose to 'occasionally/hardly ever ever' through the summer

he reckons I don't need the steriod brown inhaler as have 'exercise induced asthma' What??? I did try to explain that No acyually it's cold damp weather that kicks it off but hey who am I to know?!

he asked if I did much exercise - he happened to ask me 2 days after doing the 32 mile ultra and ashamed as I am to admit it happened to drop it into conversation!!

The colder it gets the worse I get i asked the pharmasist if the flu jab was worth it and she seems to think so so think I'll sign myself up for it??

They do recommend it for asthmatics - but you need to remember it only protects you from the specific strain(s) of flu the medics anticipate hitting the UK this winter - they do NOT protect you from getting the heavy colds you and I would possibly to catch.
    My mother is severely asthmatic and she had the flu jab each year for about 7 and says she never even got a cold during that time, but eventually she did get a bug despite the flu jab and because she'd not suffered a cold for so long, it was the worst she'd had in her life - rendered her bed ridden for 3 weeks!
    I'm not saying 'don't have it' - but don't expect it to stop you getting colds!
    Good luck - hope you all have less cold bugs than I've had this year!!!!
    You'll never Walk Alone!

That's me jab done now. My nurse seems to think I'm a dartboard mind you!