Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Flower Scar

Banned
    I hope if anyone was Disqualified for flouting the FRA rules in respect of kit, that they are dealt with in a consistent and appropriate manor.

The message has to get through, if 99% are conforming the 1% needs educating or refusing from the sport.

Oh and may be the two blokes who tried to queue at the first steps will take a serious look at themselves.

Stagger - agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I hope if anyone was Disqualified for flouting the FRA rules in respect of kit, that they are dealt with in a consistent and appropriate manor.
    I hope the permission of the lord was granted. Stately home was it, Trev? ;-)

I've just uploaded my pictures. Many thanks to Todmorden Harriers for wearing the new millstone with aplomb. Your organisation did you proud in light of the latest inflexible strictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    The message has to get through, if 99% are conforming the 1% needs educating or refusing from the sport.
    6 were DSQ'd / DNS's out of 133 so my maths makes that 4.5% of non-conformers.
    See the light in the night

Banned
    By-jove Mapper your RIGHT,

This must be reported to the committee asap Sir.

Stagger's needs educating on maths.

.... and there probably would have been more had more been checked.

Apart from The Fellsman and Lakeland 100 (where it really matters), this was the first time my seams, hood, etc. were inspected minutely when it really mattered not one jot in light of the pleasant day, the forecast, the shortness of the race and its closeness to low level civilisation at all times. Roll on 2015 review time when I look forward to less diktat and more sanity.

Some years ago a runner was injured during a Tod Harriers race at a relatively low level and within sight of houses. By the time MRT got to him to stretcher him out, they also had to deal with a number of other hypothermic runners, who had stopped to help but had insufficient kit to retain body heat.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    Some years ago a runner was injured during a Tod Harriers race at a relatively low level and within sight of houses. By the time MRT got to him to stretcher him out, they also had to deal with a number of other hypothermic runners, who had stopped to help but had insufficient kit to retain body heat.
    'nuff said I think. Good point.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Entries open tomorrow online!

Just read it's a fully flagged route, which is a shame, this is a fell race. is it not?

Fully flagged route in a champs fell race ? Imo not really what running on the fell is all about