Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Flower Scar

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Because it is a fell race, not a trail or road race, therefore some areas of navigation should be present or at least some element of having to think where you are actually running too!

Alright, due to the numbers that will probably attend this race and the relative shortness in distance there will be a long line of runners to follow, but that isn't the point.

I believe that a Fell champs race should aim to test all areas of fell running. I accept some areas need to be flagged over access areas or farmers fields, but to flag the whole route just reduces the enjoyment and experience for me.
    I'd say the position is that as it's a fell race then navigation can be present rather than has to be. The other point of view here is that as it is a championship race then there should be a degree of fairness involved as not everyone can get to a race to recce.

As stated above though, most of the flagging will be because of access, field boundaries, crossing points and the fact that the race involves a lap of a park.

The men's race is now full. Waiting list only.

Which is a shame as my training programme of cheese and port would probably have propelled me into the top five. Rob Jebb will be counting his lucky stars.

However, the lady's race is still open...
    If you see a blonde lass running for Pennine with dark stubble and chest hair, and thanking the marshals in falsetto tones, give 'her' a wave.

I'll say it before someone else does. Perhaps the race organiser or the Tod committee would have the balls to explain why Shaun & Sharon Godsman have been banned from this race ? It is meant to be an English Championship race is it not, Not some personal vendetta with the race organiser. Quite a few people are planning to boycott the race now,and frankly its exactly what you deserve !

C'mon someone from toddy. Grow a pair and come clean on this forum about why you are allowing this to happen.

Banned
    I thought the RO was in the Police force.

I would have expected better from a serving officer and long term fell runner.

Has the FRA committee been notified?

Quote Originally Posted by So Wood View Post
    I thought the RO was in the Police force.

I would have expected better from a serving officer and long term fell runner.

Has the FRA committee been notified?
    Maybe they are checking with British Athletic aka UKA? After all, they are now a subsidiary.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I do believe the FRA committee are aware of the situation. The silence from anyone at Tod and more importantly the RO is deafening however.

Perhaps they think discussions like this are better had off-forum. The banned runners must have been in contact with the race organiser, otherwise they wouldn't know they were banned.

Dear All,

It's not so often that I post to this forum. My name is Keith Parkinson and I am a long standing member of Todmorden Harriers (30+ years) and I am the Tod Harriers webmaster. Many of those who have been involved in our sport for more than a few years will know me as I have organised several races in the past.

This is *not* an official statement by the club, it is just a personal word to say that the matter was discussed at our committee meeting last night and a formal statement is being drafted. As soon as I receive the finished statement I will be posting it on the club website and I will link to it from a post here so that all those concerned with the matter will be able to read it. Please try to avoid making up your minds about this matter if you are unaware of the *all* the pertinent facts. The word "prejudice" means to pre-judge or "form an opinion before becoming aware of the relevant facts of a case" (thanks WikiPedia). Please be patient.

Best wishes,

KEITH PARKINSON
    Tod Harriers Webmaster

yes Keith I know you very well after god knows how many years of running Shepherds Skyline. Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway.