Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Flower Scar

"Calder Valley appeared to have a good showing and performance at their local race. 9 in the top 25"

Can someone check that Trevor didn't choke on his words then... :-)

Since when has Llanberis backed onto Flower Scar.... The Blackburn of Fell running.. buy in.. look at what happened to them..

Banned
    Your lad ran well Iain.

There is nowt wrong with a runner having a crack in the English champs and then a load of great nights out with the most social club in fell running.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Since when has Llanberis backed onto Flower Scar.... The Blackburn of Fell running.. buy in.. look at what happened to them..
    That's the good thing about fell running tho'. There's not lots of money to entice people to different clubs. If people change clubs is to join like minded people and be part of a (sometimes) winning team.

Of course you have to put up with the stick from ex-teammates. I still get the odd affectionate (I hope) "splitter" from Fat Boys.

Noel, you can never leave the Fat Boys, but you can never join them either. Simple, turn up, run (maybe), drink and bulls...t compulsory.

Your always welcome on the right side of the hill.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    Noel, you can never leave the Fat Boys, but you can never join them either. Simple, turn up, run (maybe), drink and bulls...t compulsory.

Your always welcome on the right side of the hill.
    Cheers Bigfella. I was OK at the running and the bull...t. I think I needed more practice on the drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    "Calder Valley appeared to have a good showing and performance at their local race. 9 in the top 25"

Can someone check that Trevor didn't choke on his words then... :-)

Not many of them made it to the prize giving, but i can understand it now giving how far the team coach had to go.

I think Sally's still at the Pete Bland van spending all the vouchers.

Banned
    Not many of them made it to the prize giving, but i can understand it now giving how far the team coach had to go.

I think Sally's still at the Pete Bland van spending all the vouchers.

Let me explain.

Because of the issues between Runner A & the RO, Runner A said he would rather not attend the presentation so as not to cause any offence to the RO or the host club.

He went to a local hostelry but in support of their Club captain the majority of CV runners followed.

The whole event passed off fine and a credit to all concerned.

Well done RO, Tod, CV & Runner A (all behaved in an adult way)

Red face

Stagger said: "a load of great nights out with the most social club in fell running."

Hats off to you Mr Stagger - you have obviously done the "social" thing with every fell running club in the UK as part of your exhaustive research into the subject - no wonder you are "staggering" - but, nevertheless, I bow to your superior wisdom.Perhaps in your childhood you were one of the kids at junior school that would go on about "my gang's better than yours - your gang's rubbish". Empty vessels.

Banned
    Arrrrr, Parky the master of wit and sarcasm. (you could be the yorkshire thug with comments like that)

To put you straight Keith, I was referring to the Champs events. CV & Dark Peak appear to travel to the main of the English & British and usually have the biggest showing in the pub afterwards. (Social event)

Yes I am a member of CV and was simply pointing out that the benefits of an inclusive club.

Don't spoil it when I was trying to build bridges Parky and try and behave in an adult way please?