Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dublin Marathon 29 Oct

Re: Dublin Marathon 29 Oct

Quote Originally Posted by FREDDIE View Post
    shame that is RR after all the miles you put in, I have seen you running near my house in Old Glossop many times my wife commenting on you sprinting for me to reply that is your normal training pace !
    I am hoping to do London next year sub Three, but as you say you dont realise how tough 26.2 is unless you have tried it and months of training hinge on One day !

Freddie, I run round Old Glossop a lot. Often passing Ajohns front door. Infact, he once gave me and a mate a drink when we were doing a session round his road making it a loop round the factory. 26.2 miles is a long way but very achievalble with the right preparation and being 100% on the day. Any slight cough, sneeze, niggle etc on the day will affact this 100% and result in below par performance. It also needs total concentration.

The Dublin course had a few people out watching, but not loads. Even though, having run so many miles on my own in the dark and cold, should mean I can run for 26 miles without many people shouting at me.
    Daz, its not the first time I have had to run on my own but boy did I find it hard work on Monday.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Freddie, I run round Old Glossop a lot. Often passing Ajohns front door. Infact, he once gave me and a mate a drink when we were doing a session round his road making it a loop round the factory. 26.2 miles is a long way but very achievalble with the right preparation and being 100% on the day. Any slight cough, sneeze, niggle etc on the day will affact this 100% and result in below par performance. It also needs total concentration.

The Dublin course had a few people out watching, but not loads. Even though, having run so many miles on my own in the dark and cold, should mean I can run for 26 miles without many people shouting at me.
    Daz, its not the first time I have had to run on my own but boy did I find it hard work on Monday.
    Whats the route now RR? When i did it we started outside the post office on O'Connell Street then crossed to the south of the river past Trinity College on a 10 mile loop before coming back to St Stephens Green. Then we headed out on a diferent 10 mile loop south of the river comimg back to Kilmainham then crossed the river and ran alongside Phoenix Park and the river back to O'Connell Street

Started near the Museam and ran down towards the Spire and out of town. Through a large park with a very very big cross in it and then along roads. One very big lap. I am thinking now that a drive round the course prior to running would have helped. Therefore I would have known what was to come and just how difficult it would be running through houses after houses.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

RR, Yes very hard but achievable, putting some serious base miles in now so i can start a serious programme in Jan.
    Will come to you at a later date for some advice if you dont mind ?

I feel gutted for you RR, especially after all the hard training that you've put in. Like you said the experience will only make you stronger.