Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Tigger Tor

Race 46 of 50@50 Tigger Tor - Well I took a lot of photos! Beau dog once again not with me as this blooming flu is still knocking me about so we played ball before and after instead.
    A cracking local race. Brilliantly organised. Full kit check before where you had to show the contents of your kit before getting your number. For 2 peeps that somehow did the kit check then ran without kit they were DSQ! Well done to the Organisers for pulling them at the end. What a super event this is. Some totally super running on a tough course. Andy, you and your helpers are top notch! Thank you so much for the spot prize for Nigel's race 45 of his 50@50. Think that is a favourite race so far. We have now raised £1123 for The Thomas Theyer Foundation to date with 4 races to go. The 1st set of photos are of the ones that make it happen. Brilliant organisation, Marshals and all who support, thank you so much. No obligation but if you wish to make a small donation to the Thomas Theyer Foundation from as little as £2 please follow the link https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Nigel-Jeff . If you would like the high quality original with none of the writing on please message me your e-mail quoting the file number bottom left.
    Set One - https://photos.app.goo.gl/T4Fx4HDoLcSg2gJq2

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    ... For 2 peeps that somehow did the kit check then ran without kit they were DSQ! Well done to the Organisers for pulling them at the end...
    I hope they are reported to the FRA. It's one thing running without kit 'accidentally', but going through kit check and then deliberately discarding it...

Yesterday saw the 38th running of the Tigger Tor Fell Race and the first from a new venue at The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow. This new location means that there is no tarmac whatsoever and makes for an improvement on what was already a great event. It is just under a mile shorter but the checkpoints are the same and visited in order.

It was a bright and sunny morning but with a bitterly cold NW wind for the 292 starters. The course is a mix of rough bridleway, footpaths and very many single trods through knee high heather. There are also bogs, scrambling amongst gritstone boulders and a couple of stream crossings. A bit of everything.

The winner was Steve Franklin of Totley AC and the first lady, 7th overall, was Phillipa Williams of Dark Peak. I nearly didn't make the start line due to a couple of sleepless nights caused by toothache, ( I had it taken out today), but managed to finish 69th and 1st M60.

A well organised race, which is always the case with Totley AC, and a cracking couple of pints, of Farmers Blonde 4%, afterwards in the Norfolk Arms which will definitely be a RATRun venue in the summer!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 30-01-2023 at 09:06 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Another one on your list of honours Llani...

Will be really interesting to see how you feature in the v60 at Long Mynd Valleys.

Thanks Travs.

I'm not sure "feature" is the right word as I'm now four and a half years into my age category so don't expect be pulling up any trees!

Looking forward to it though.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 31-01-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Password problems. Testing Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Thanks Travs.

I'm not sure "feature" is the right word as I'm now four and a half years into my age category so don't expect be pulling up any trees!

Looking forward to it though.
    No pressure, but i'd be surprised if you weren't top 10, if not pushing top 5... of course Long Mynd Valleys is a tough course and people can suffer.

Phil Pearson (Northern Fells) is usually in the first couple of V60's.... i can beat him on the short and medium stuff (sometimes!!) but he'd murder me on a lakeland classic.... alas he doesn't seem to be on the start list. Borrowdale have a couple of decent v60s, and there's a couples of others who's name/club escapes me.

Well that was hard work yesterday. A cold, windy but dry day for the 39th edition of Tigger Tor on the moors South West of Sheffield. I struggled on the uphill's and then during the second half of the race, which is usually my strongest part, I found myself being overtaken rather than being the overtaker.

At one point on a single trod through the heather I was aware that I was holding people up so stood aside and let them through as there was nothing in my legs. I've never done that before and hopefully won't have to do it again.

I jogged across the finish line in 69th place and 2nd M60 in 1:21:51 but to my surprise 2 minutes quicker than last year! I've checked my route on Strava with last years and it is exactly the same. The ground was probably a bit drier as I was also around 90 seconds down on runners I am usually battling with. I'm hoping that my lack of oomph is simply down to still having Trigger in my legs from a fortnight ago.

Another well organised event from Totley AC and of the 255 starters the race was won by Cynog Williams of Dark Peak in 1:00:09 and the first Lady was Rachel Chambers, unattached and 23rd overall in 1:13:29.

Rehydration took place at The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow with Farmers Blonde 4% from the nearby Bradfield Brewery.