Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Tigger Tor

Cracking race today as this one always is and good weather to boot for a change. Slightly soured for me today by a male runner a few places in front of me shouting at the runners in front of him something along the lines of "get a move on it's a fell race not a walk" on a single track trod where you couldn't overtake, something I have not heard happen before and don't particularly want to again. I actually shouted up at the time, whether rightly or wrongly, that if he wanted to run at a good pace maybe he should put more effort in and get to the sharp end of the race and not be with us average middle of the pack runners!!! The line of runners was moving along quite nicely and with the best will in the world most of us are just there for a good day out with like minded runners and will never be troubling the prize table. So well done whoever you were, deal with it and get fitter so you can run near the front with the good male and female runners!!

I can't stand that sort of comment. There are loads of fell races where you have to queue for stiles etc. Don't complain about waiting, RUN FASTER! Disappointing morning with the camera in some ways. So many runners and not easy to capture them all.

16427438_1322066487814463_4154991153862580261_n.jpg

I agree with you wazzy. I am slow, but even I got stuck behind slower runners on some of the trades yesterday, who were sometimes walking where I would have been running. But that's the way of fell running. You are patient, and you pass when you can. You don't comment, and you don't tut. After one of the beck crossings yesterday, there was a pretty steep boulder to climb over. I paused for about two seconds, deciding whether to jump up via legs or backside, and got 'COME ON LASS' from an old bloke behind me. And on another race, a woman was tutting and puffing and cursing behind me for ages, because we were behind a young lad, who was being cautious, understandably as it was his first fell race. Everyone else was being patient and tacitly encouraging him, and she was being aggressive and giving him a pretty horrible impression of fell running spirit. I told her to put a sock in it, she denied she'd been tutting for half a mile, loudly, and saying "COME ON", I let her go over the next stile, she didn't thank me and fell flat on her face. Fell Karma.

If you think you're a contender, there's no such thing as a bottle-neck, you have the speed and strength to get round them, that and you should get a decent start.

So what did people think of the new route? I ran along the old line from Ox Stones on Saturday and it was basically a stream / peat bog, I assume the new line was better? Any idea if its a permanent line?

Hi Will, the line is alright. Probably easier to run than the Oxstones in its' current state. There's a fairly distinct trod now but not one to run in shorts (in my opinion) unless you've shins of steel. I've been over it a fair bit the last few months and will likely continue to use it over the Oxstones. In summer it's be dry as a bone.

MrRTS is really looking forward to this on Sunday. Does anyone know if there is a start list? It's been ages since he entered so just want to make sure he is on it. His race 46 of 50@50 :-)

Start list is here :-

http://www.totleyac.org.uk/onlinereg/preTigger18.php

Number 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbsy View Post
    Got it :-) Thank you. Yes, No 12. He did enter early which is why we couldn't remember haha