Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigger Tor

Re: Tigger Tor 2009

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    any results for this yet ive a newsletter to complete
    It must be somewhere as all of the DP resultsabout 50! have been our site for days

two toenails

Quote Originally Posted by RichK View Post
    There here.

flip me - here

and have been for days

Tigger Tor 2010

Anyone doing this?

Planned to do this two years ago - but got injured three days before! Surgery and a long rehab later I am ready to confront my demons and finally run it.

Re: Tigger Tor 2010

I'll be there. Let me know if you fancy a run round the course beforehand. Rumour has it there will be a route change right at the end of the course to avoid us coming off Houndkirk Hill onto the A625.

Regards, D'arth
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth of The Dark Side View Post
    I'll be there. Let me know if you fancy a run round the course beforehand. Rumour has it there will be a route change right at the end of the course to avoid us coming off Houndkirk Hill onto the A625.

Regards, D'arth
    Hope the rumour comes to fruition. Do you think they can avoid the same at the start? Or maybe move the start to the field where we leave the road?

Jon and I ran the majority of the route back in late summer one evening and almost got lost in the bracken on the way to the CP by the corner of the woods. Suspect the snow will be as deep as the bracken was up there at the moment.

Cannock Trig Race this weekend for me.
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results

Thanks darth. When are you likely to be doing a recce? Is it worth doing it while there's still snow on the ground? (if it ever goes!)

Also, the entry form mentions windproof body cover - what exactly does this mean? (novice question I know!)

Looking at your Avatar, I would have thought that you wouldn't need much.

Minimum requirements will be pertex body cover to be carried ie Montane Fetherlites (top and trousers). However, if conditions are deemed appropriate, the organisers (as with any FRA event) may insist upon full waterproof body cover (including hat and gloves). It's always worth having both types with you and you can make the decision when you arrive.
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results

Looks like I'm going shopping then!

I'll need something to carry it all in too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Original MountainGoat View Post
    Thanks darth. When are you likely to be doing a recce? Is it worth doing it while there's still snow on the ground? (if it ever goes!)

Also, the entry form mentions windproof body cover - what exactly does this mean? (novice question I know!)
    A lightweight nylon cag and full length lycra trousers will suffice as you're never too far from civilisation. Probably best leaving the reccy for a while. The Dark Side ran out there last night for a bit of fun, and had to resort to crawling gingerly on the snow to stop sinking in chest deep!
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.