Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigger Tor

Re: Tigger Tor

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Only issue I had was with the surprisingly high number of fools running without kit, despite clear instructions that it must be carried... If you're daft enough to run in summer gear that's up to you, but carry what you're told or bu"*er off elsewhere!
    Yeah, I had this issue last time I ran it too. If I'm taking it round, so can you!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    ... but I suspect he's been doing some sly training as he kept passing me on the flat bits, eventually getting a gap on the next km last road and beating me by 5 seconds.
    First it's handbags at dawn with Darth (he appears to have forgiven me, notwithstanding his ravaged hamstring), and now PaulE seems to be accusing me of being a road runner. This thread is clearly dangerous territory for me.

Thanks to Totley and the host of marshals - was decidedly nippy in places out there today, making the post-race showers and bar all the more welcome.

Not a road runner GF, just someone who's gone and got fitter than me over the winter!

I thought the descent to Packhorse bridge was crackers. Any one else take a dip there?
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

I found a deep puddle between Higgar Tor and Burbage bridge, just along the 'dip' after Higgar. Got a half immersion on the front of my body (I fell on to my chest) - that was cold! It was a good course although I wish I'd worn a cap and sunglasses on the flat along the valley due to the glare off the snow.

Loved today :-) it's the first fell race I've done since a car accident in July so just wanted to get round without my back telling me to "sod off". Well it was brilliant. My feet had no feeling by the time I got to the path at Burbage but they warmed up by the time I hit Higger Tor. My footwear was brilliant and I didn't go over till I was near Houndkirk road on the way back when I hit a rather slushy bit of snow and landed on my bum. The altered route was loads of fun. I feel pain free, no aches or pains. The marshals were brilliant and so supportive, the start guy was great (bit scary!) and his pre race talk was clear to all except the two Totley lasses that overtook 4 of us running behind a guy as we were on the main road. Tut tut girls!!
    And a bonus is I ran it 1min a mile quicker than last year (my training since the accident has certainly paid off). I was still near the back though lol.
    Well done to everyone that ran, supported, marshalled and organised. Top stuff :thumbup:
    Last edited by RaceTheSweeper; 27-01-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Enjoyed that! Initially disappointed that it was alternative course thinking it was be trail race suiting those with road speed. As it turned out slush and ice made it into a full on 'who dares wins' fell race and I was ahead of many a faster runner*. That is until we hit the road at end. It seems I miss-interpreted the instruction given at the start regarding overtaking on the road. Not bothered, I won the fell race they can have last 800m. Many thanks to the marshals, bitterly cold up there.
    * Those with far quicker 'park run' times- don't ask what park run is, it doesn't belong on this forum.
    Here's to the laid back fell runner...

Good to get out & race today, the change of course was disapointing, but it was still a tough route with the amount of water logged ground. The long track parts favoured the roadies. What got me was, as said above was seeing runners clearly running in only vests & shorts with NO KIT. No one can say they didn't know the required kit needed as I was asked at registration & informed on the start line. I spent half the race battling a roadie (as he couldn't run on the rough stuff to save his life, but on the tracks ran like the wind) in, like a knobhead vest & shorts with no kit. If your told to carry it, then carry it, you will need it one day. Rant over. Well done Totley AC.
    Never under estimate the power of the darkside of the fells.

It was tough work but good fun today. Thanks to all at Totley for a great race.

I have a hunch that One-eyed Wonder, Mick Tor, Will B and I were close together for much of the race.
    O-e W I reckon we had a fairly close battle today, I passed you a few times on the ups and you got me back every time on the downs!
    Mick were you in a yellow top by any chance?
    Will B, I'm pretty sure I was just behind you when you went for a swim, unless someone else took a similar fall in the same place?
    I saw quite a few similar swimming incidents today and just for once managed to stay on my feet for the entire race!!:thumbup:
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    It was tough work but good fun today. Thanks to all at Totley for a great race.

I have a hunch that One-eyed Wonder, Mick Tor, Will B and I were close together for much of the race.
    O-e W I reckon we had a fairly close battle today, I passed you a few times on the ups and you got me back every time on the downs!
    Mick were you in a yellow top by any chance?
    Will B, I'm pretty sure I was just behind you when you went for a swim, unless someone else took a similar fall in the same place?
    I saw quite a few similar swimming incidents today and just for once managed to stay on my feet for the entire race!!:thumbup:
    Bright green tee shirt Fellgazelle! If you mistook me for an equally handsome chap that'l do!
    Saw and partook in some comedy falls. You just reminded me of someone doing a scooby doo type scramble then taking a dive. Purely comedy and not a serious incident of course
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!