Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Tigger Tor

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefells View Post
    A few words about the race yesterday.

https://mossienet.wordpress.com/news-updates/
    Nice report and I should have mentioned earlier the great pics
    No country for old men.

I am entered in next Sundays race, done a lot of fell races but never one where I've had to navigate. Hoping I can latch onto someone my pace who knows what they are doing.
    Running | Real Ale | Guitar

Unless you're intending to win you should be fine.

We're going to get a bit soggy...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mossienet is hoping to be there on Sunday. It won't be as wet as The Trigger. Looking at CP's for possible places to be.

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefells View Post
    mossienet is hoping to be there on Sunday. It won't be as wet as The Trigger. Looking at CP's for possible places to be.
    Best spot must be Burbage Rocks under CP2 - they'll be flying all over the place there but will still be fairly tightly grouped.

Early CP is good, get home sooner ... but so many people together. Better if they are strung out a bit. Thought about covering CP4 at Higger for a while and then CP7 at Carl Wark I could do with someone with me to sort out a video for the race. Got the equipment, need a body to stay with it.
    What do the CP's consist of, is it a BODY or a dibber thingy?

Hi Mossie Net, I think I'm right in saying every checkpoint are manned. Higger and Carl Wark are definitely. Either river crossing normally throws up some good photos. I don't think visibility will be great.
    If there is any light then catching the runners as they head up onto Higger is a winner.
    Hopefully see you Sunday

Thanks stevee9. Just checked sun direction (ha ha) and it's ideal for runners towards Higger. If they are climbing up a hill, it can result in a lot of heads down and less chance of a good shot. Not TOO bothered about sunny weather. An overcast day can produce better results, so long as it isn't too dark. Where is the last river crossing roughly?