Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigger Tor

Re: Tigger Tor

That sounds like a plan!!
    I think we'll be pushin to keep view of faster people so you never know we could suprise ourselve's!!

I couldnt make it tonight unfortunatley.. Steve was thinking of going but not sure if he made it or not.

Sunday I'm going to try and get my vest somewhere into the kit I'm wearing!! Is worse than trying to decide what to wear on a night out!

See you there - well I might see the back of you!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Egglett View Post
    That sounds like a plan!!
    I think we'll be pushin to keep view of faster people so you never know we could suprise ourselve's!!

I couldnt make it tonight unfortunatley.. Steve was thinking of going but not sure if he made it or not.
    My aching head tells me that you missed an interesting evening.
    I think we need a map on Sunday but I'm don't fancy lugging round a full OS. Have you or Marv got an edited version you could copy for me?

So it was a good night then! At least you got today to recover and get ready for tomorrow.. I've just done a training run and all the way round it I was thinking "This could be a bad idea"... we'll see tomorrow!

Is it part of the check that you should have the OS map or are you ok with decent copies?

We've got a copy of the part of the map and the actual map itself.. but would prefer to bring just the copy to be honest

As this is my first map and compass and kit check run I'm feeling a bit dazed and confused today ... but really looking forwards to taking a bigger step into the fell world

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    My aching head tells me that you missed an interesting evening.
    I think we need a map on Sunday but I'm don't fancy lugging round a full OS. Have you or Marv got an edited version you could copy for me?
    Yes, it was a good evening.

If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you a JPEG or a PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by Egglett View Post
    Is it part of the check that you should have the OS map or are you ok with decent copies?

We've got a copy of the part of the map and the actual map itself.. but would prefer to bring just the copy to be honest
    The FRA rules state "Map and compass suitable for navigating the course" They don't state what type of map. When I take a map I usually print off the area of the course from the TrackLogs mapping software I use.

So unless the race organisers state anything different, a map covering the area of the race should be sufficient.

Chers Marvin.. I havent got a printer here but at least I can check yours against what we came up with!

Thanks again - will drop you a line in a mo

Am all more or less prepared I think.. hopefully the weather will be a repeat of today - no snow is sight!

Hey, good to see you here Egglett. I'll be just taking a printout of the relevant section of the map too.

It'll be a great race! Good luck to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by RichK View Post
    Hey, good to see you here Egglett. I'll be just taking a printout of the relevant section of the map too.

It'll be a great race! Good luck to you all.
    Give me a shout if you spot me, Rich - I've no idea how to recognise you.

Right - I am just about to set off to meet Steve at the club.. I'll try and have my goty vest on somehow and hope to get to say hello before the start off..

wibble!!

Am preparred as can be - I think!

Good luck people... I'm sure I wont see most of you for dust!

How did you all get on?

Shame that we didn't get to do Burbage but still a great route. I was very lucky coming back towards Houndkirk Moor that I could see the runner in front cut across (I think a short cut). I'd have gone a much longer route I think. Very easy track up to the hill.

I loved it.