Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Dunnerdale Fell Race

A great day out yesterday. Luckily the large band of weather had blown over before the start. A huge Pennine turnout enjoyed a great race and a great pie! My first Dunnerdale and I'll be back. Nice to meet Mr 40-40-40! Thanks to the organiser and all the Marshalls.

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    A great day out yesterday. Luckily the large band of weather had blown over before the start. A huge Pennine turnout enjoyed a great race and a great pie! My first Dunnerdale and I'll be back. Nice to meet Mr 40-40-40! Thanks to the organiser and all the Marshalls.
    Agreed fab day as usual and thanks to Andrew for the come back prize which was delightful-thanks guys. Anyone know where results are posted-I had to run off and didn't see my time?
    Cheers MM
    " Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself. "

Now this weekend is done, time to think of the next. Dunnerdale, one of the best short races anywhere starts at 12 noon next Saturday.
    It’s also the third race in the Black Combe Bob Grieve trophy series (fastest time across the four BCR races). Current leaders are Ben Proctor and Lynn Murray.
    Others still eligible are:
    James Harris, Simon Rodger, Josh Hartley, Paul Reilly, Sean Robinson, Nick Sebley, David Griffin, Gareth Brown, Phil Clayton, Simon Austin, Jon Bailey, Paul Caine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete T View Post
    ...Dunnerdale, one of the best short races anywhere...
    Agreed.
    And used to be one of the best when it came to how the results were presented.
    Look at the 1989 results... https://fellrace.s3.amazonaws.com/in...rdale_1989.pdf

Thanks wharfeego, that’s brilliant, sorry we just put out a list of names and times now!

It's also interesting looking at the times. About the same number of runners in 1989. I can usually finish in the top half at Dunnerdale (very much a middle of the pack runner)but I would have been nowhere near back then. On a different topic - I grew up in Millom and I remember going to watch the old Black Combe route (from Brockwood) as a kid (pretty sure Kenny Stuart won).

Does anyone know where you pre-enter?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

369 entrants! https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.ph...&event_id=8515

I think they might have a record turn-out this year. Fingers crossed it's not to wet to park in the field.

I see a few forumites on the entry list. See you there.

I remember the one year I did this (2009) I'm sure we parked up the narrow lane. It was very wet. Perhaps that's why. The record turnout back then was 276. It was my first short sharp fell race and I recall having to queue for over a minute to get through the finish funnel (the horror).