Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellrunner Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    Really enjoying mine too. Went straight for the Rob Jebb BGR article. Thanks to everyone who puts it all together.
    I enjoyed that article too. It was interesting to learn that others who were about to embark on a BG that day decided to call it off due to the awfull weather conditions. Would he break the record if he did it again in good conditions?
    See the light in the night

Just spotted a piccy of me in action. I think it's one of Wharfee's. Cheers Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    I enjoyed that article too. It was interesting to learn that others who were about to embark on a BG that day decided to call it off due to the awfull weather conditions. Would he break the record if he did it again in good conditions?
    I supported someone that day who had terrible conditions on leg 1 (midnight start) but ideal after that. Rob Jebb, Scoffer + ANO overtook us just after Red Pike. They were last seen running up Pillar which caused one of our team to say " they are taking the p*** now and doing hill reps". It was a very impressive display. Our contender completed in 21.45 including a swift half at the Swinside Inn

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I have found the captionless pictures in the latest issue a little annoying: when I see a beautiful picture of fells, I want to know where it is. I have worked out that page 16 is Blencathra on the left, with the north end of the Helvellyn ridge on the right (now someone is going to tell me that I am completely wrong), but I haven't made any progress with the others.

The editor should either provide captions, or else he should announce a "Name that fell" competition!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I have found the captionless pictures in the latest issue a little annoying: when I see a beautiful picture of fells, I want to know where it is. I have worked out that page 16 is Blencathra on the left, with the north end of the Helvellyn ridge on the right (now someone is going to tell me that I am completely wrong), but I haven't made any progress with the others.

The editor should either provide captions, or else he should announce a "Name that fell" competition!

Anthony

"Should" he now? Tut tut!

Over the last 15 years I have been humbly grateful that five patient editors have published over 70 items of mine in The Fellrunner and I suggest that the only "should" that should be applied to any editor is that all FRA members should be grateful that people are still willing to take on this arduous, time consuming, and - having to deal with authors like you and me - often thankless task!

Graham
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 22-12-2016 at 12:54 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Anthony

"Should" he now? Tut tut!

Over the last 15 years I have been humbly grateful that five patient editors have published over 70 items of mine in The Fellrunner and I suggest that the only "should" that should be applied to any editor is that all FRA members should be grateful that people are still willing to take on this arduous, time consuming, and - having to deal with authors like you and me - often thankless task!

Graham
    Oh dear, I "should" have remembered to put one of these next to the word "should".

Like you, I have been impressed at how such a professional-standard publication has been produced by volunteer editors all these years.

I'd go with the 'Name that fell' competition ~ with beer on offer as prizes

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    I'd go with the 'Name that fell' competition ~ with beer on offer as prizes
    I think the piccie on p10 is a toughie. Fairly featureless to say the least.
    What about 'Name the patient' on p38? Another toughie.

Is anyone still waiting for theirs? I got the handbook a while back but haven't clapped eyes on the magazine yet.

We got ours quite a while ago now, over 10 days ago