Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: National XC Relays

Great competition today, it was a pleasure to watch. That was the driest Berry Hill course I've ever seen and a shame it only gets used for this competition these days. A real travesty that such a great facility, running track and all can no longer be used due to red tape.
    Do what you like, like what you do

A cracking day out! I thought Berry Hill to be a great park and the course is top quality. It'd be great to see more races there - I've only heard rumours of why there aren't mind, certainly a shame though.

Nic - nice one on your time. I managed a disappointing 20:08 (had aimed for around 19:30 but cooked it early on) for Holme Pierrepont B, though I don't think we placed too badly overall. Standard there was really phenomenally good, whilst it is a little disheartening being overtaken by so many runners going effortlessly very fast, it was a pleasure to watch and take part in.

17.34 for me on 1st leg. Done this a few times going back to 1999? and this was the driest. The 1st leg goes off at mind blowing speed and hard work fighting off the youngsters! Great event, atmosphere,etc..

Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    17.34 for me on 1st leg. Done this a few times going back to 1999? and this was the driest. The 1st leg goes off at mind blowing speed and hard work fighting off the youngsters! Great event, atmosphere,etc..
    Solo Leg - where were the rest of them? I'll have to have a word with Hartley

A rather slow 24 for me in the C team on leg 4. Only ran half a dozen times since July and strangely found the 5K of Mansfield harder work than the 10Kish of the Hyndburn mud last week.
    Need to get some training in
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Sadly WP,Marco is Stoke/Barlick nowadays!
    Agreed - I find such races harder than any other type.
    I did Hyndburn last December - now that was mud!!