Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous Grouse

It's anticlockwise, Sam. Get ready for the brutal last climb before the sharp right turn down to the finish. The long uphill start should be less of a problem on fresh legs.
    Last edited by BritNick; 25-11-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: anti!

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    It's anticlockwise, Sam. Get ready for the brutal last climb before the sharp right turn down to the finish. The long uphill start should be less of a problem on fresh legs.
    Thanks Nick, I'll keep summat in reserve for that last climb then!

I'll be racing for sure. It's a great little race and is always full of lots of smashing folk :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    I'll be racing for sure. It's a great little race and is always full of lots of smashing folk :0)
    It's Buxton AC's Xmas do the night before so there'll be a hungover squad from Buxton celebrating Richard Bouglas (aka "Sickboy") achieving the Hayfield Grand Slam (even if we have to carry him round) - odds on he chucks at the top of the first hill but we can refuel him with the Grouse's legendary chip butties :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BuxtonPete View Post
    It's Buxton AC's Xmas do the night before so there'll be a hungover squad from Buxton celebrating Richard Bouglas (aka "Sickboy") achieving the Hayfield Grand Slam (even if we have to carry him round) - odds on he chucks at the top of the first hill but we can refuel him with the Grouse's legendary chip butties :-)
    Will try not to get too close to anyone in a buxton vest. Should I pack some travel sick bags in my bumbag?

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    Will try not to get too close to anyone in a buxton vest. Should I pack some travel sick bags in my bumbag?
    Might be an idea!

Master
    The course is slippery enough (especially the cambered fields after Peep-O-Day) without any extra slippery obstacles.
    Powered by Ugali.

My first FG, despite it being only 5 mins from my house. I've done all the route before but only as part of different races or training run. Good to see so many Pennine out. Less happy to see so many of the buggers in front of me!

Had a great run but that last climb did it for me. That's where Will G and Chris J beat me. Really pleased with my time though. Bodes well for after Christmas when I've given up the booze!

At £2, there can be not better value fell race in the calendar and no better way to spend a Sunday morning in November. I will be back. Many thanks to the organisers helpers and marshals for an enjoyable morning out. I'm just sorry I couldn't stop for a beer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan B View Post
    At £2, there can be not better value fell race in the calendar and no better way to spend a Sunday morning in November..... Many thanks to the organisers helpers and marshals for an enjoyable morning out.
    Indeed. Echoed. Glorious morning.
    I was pleased with my sub-45 when historically I struggle with a sub-50.
    Good to catch up with lots of familiar faces (Gloss, Pennine, Buxton, etc) and some new ones (e.g. Sam W - nice to meet you, thanks for your detective work and for introducing yourself)..