Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Llangynhafal Loop

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Llangynhafal Loop

Details & entry form are on the WFRA site http://www.wfra.org.uk/ click on events.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Re: Llangynhafal Loop

Since posting the above information I regret to have to inform you that the race entry limit has been reached .
    I'm joking of course.
    Last edited by (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner; 24-04-2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Fellrunning, too serious to joke about!

Are you trying to start an international incident? I think we should have a poll to see if you should be thrown out the house (and it's not the weather for a trailer tent!)

This race is not yet full and if Fellrunner keeps mucking about it won't be!! However we've had a reasonable number of early bird entries mostly those well organised vets but some have had their senior moments.........

38.8 - Average age of entrants who correctly addressed their cheques to the organiser namely Martin Cortvriend who needs the dosh to pay for things up front!

53.5 - Average age of entrants who didn't read the details properly and incorrectly addressed their cheques!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    This race is not yet full and if Fellrunner keeps mucking about it won't be!!
    A few of us are doing a recce tomorrow. We are starting from the car park/lay-by above Cilcain,
    running up to Moel Famau to join the Llangynhafal Loop in the middle so doing the second half first.
    Running back to the car afterwards should give us about 10 miles.
    Could deliver my entry by hand if I knew exactly where your house was!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier
    At this point you turn left down the track towards Llangynhafal – you can follow the track all the way down or go more directly towards the finishing area but beware of the quarry on the hillside!!
    Successful recce this morning, no problems. I am glad the race goes up the gulley as it would take me all day to get down it. Hope it's not too congested on the day as I am hoping to pass a few on the climb!
    Passed your house at about 11.20am Welsh Harrier but don't think anyone was at home. Did call out!
    Is the direct descent to the finish easy to navigate as the track seemed to meander a bit as well as being hard underfoot? My entry is in the post!
    Last edited by Swoop; 01-02-2007 at 09:49 PM.

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wesh Harrier "

Don't know how I became Wesh Harrier!

I was laying hedges at 11.20 Swoop. Track to the finish does wander left as it descends - there are some more direct (and softer) alternatives that cut the corner a little - you can see them more clearly from the bottom if that's any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    Don't know how I became Wesh Harrier!

I was laying hedges at 11.20 Swoop. Track to the finish does wander left as it descends - there are some more direct (and softer) alternatives that cut the corner a little - you can see them more clearly from the bottom if that's any help!
    Sorry Martin. Have corrected my post. I think with all the welsh names I had run out of l's!
    I did see the cuts across the corners thanks, just wondered if anyone ever went down
    in a straight line ignoring the path entirely.

You can cut the corner at the end, on the grassy path,but with it being a British champs Race i would think that the route to the finish will be marked,probably following the rocky path, less confusion and erosion

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    You can cut the corner at the end, on the grassy path,but with it being a British champs Race i would think that the route to the finish will be marked,probably following the rocky path, less confusion and erosion
    Where you talk of "confusion", I read "local knowledge" & "route choice", both necessary components of a good fell race.

As for the issue of sticking to the track to avoid any possible erosion, I'm sure that Martin is more aware than anyone else if this is necessary as the finish area is practically in his back garden.