Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wensleydale Wedge

Super Moderator

Re: Wensleydale Wedge this Sun

Had a great day out today in Wensleydale. I think this must be one of the best local LDWA events for runners (along with the Trollers Trot) and the sunshine today showed off the Dales scenery very well. Finished 7mins slower than last year in 4hr 31mins but I'm delighted tbh as I haven't done a run over 15miles since the PPP way back in April
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Any pictures of said Dales scenery?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Any pictures of said Dales scenery?
    Sadly not Ady

You been out cycling today? Would have been perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Sadly not Ady

You been out cycling today? Would have been perfect!
    In work today, noon finish tommoz so will be out on it then - by which time the sun will have vanished!

It was a brilliant sunny Sunday out, if a touch colder than it was on Saturday in Ambleside. It was quite a slippery slimy mudfest after the recent rain. I enjoyed the trot round with Chris, and it was good to see Socks afterwards, all be it too briefly as I was on my way out for the long walk to the car.
    I was pleased with a PB - 4:04 by my timepiece, though the certificate said 4:00. I think the organisers' timepiece was slow.
    It was fun and games for a while before the event when they couldn't find the keys to the carpark and cars backed up along the road. Thank goodness they found them in the end.

As the morning grew more and more temperate on Sunday, I became more and more jealous of you Wedgers.

IH were organising the first PECO (Sports Direct for many years) XC league race so was on official duties.

Must try and get this in the diary for 09.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

It was indeed a fantastic day! Glorious sun. I don't think it made much difference to my time, but it certainly felt like I had better preparation this year - Cross Country (short & horrible!) rather than Tour of Pendle (long & hard!) last year. Managed to get all the way round and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes it was muddy, but I seem to have divvied out the chores in our house quite well - I don't do muddy shoes! (well not often)

First LDWA event, and my favourite.

If you like Howarth Hobble you'll like this, it was similar terrain and stuff...

My run wasn't helped by taking the wrong route with the lead group and then leaving my map in the back of a marshall's car boot when I stopped to eat custard creams! But, all in for 3hr 32, a good tough training run.

What's next, please?
    Why walk when you can run.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post

What's next, please?
    Get over to the Hebden thread and put your entry sharpish!

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    It was a brilliant sunny Sunday out, if a touch colder than it was on Saturday in Ambleside. It was quite a slippery slimy mudfest after the recent rain. I enjoyed the trot round with Chris, and it was good to see Socks afterwards, all be it too briefly as I was on my way out for the long walk to the car.
    I was pleased with a PB - 4:04 by my timepiece, though the certificate said 4:00. I think the organisers' timepiece was slow.
    It was fun and games for a while before the event when they couldn't find the keys to the carpark and cars backed up along the road. Thank goodness they found them in the end.
    Thank you very much Britnick for a great day out and leading me round the route. Lucky for me our pace is very similar. I find nothing worse than getting off the route, then trying to find you way back, or getting cold stood around map reading – orienteering is not for me! Thanks Nick