Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wensleydale Wedge

Re: Wensleydale Wedge

I'm doing it, first time for me though but weather looks perfect so am really looking forward to it

First time for me, too.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

That was excellent! Haven't run round that area before but the views were stunning and the weather glorious. Thank you to Nidderdale LDWA for looking after us so well.

Nice to see you again Tussockface, hope you enjoyed it!
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

Perfectly synchronised arrival as Mrs S and I swung into the car park from opposite directions. We only just got registered in time: tally, string, off.

Fabulous weather mostly, though by Castle Bolton, running/walking at my pace, the blue skies had definitely gone and I finished wearing waterproofs in 5 hours 43.

Only the one injury for me today, which is a step in the right direction; unfortunately it's a new one, the right knee, and never having had a knee problem of any kind before in 25+ years of running, I have absolutely no idea if it's anything to worry about or not.

Very good event, which would have been improved only by finishing at Castle Bolton; those last 7 miles went on forever!

Also spent some time en route in the company of erstwhile Fell Pony, now Esk man, Chris J., who can always be relied upon to surface at any given event. I think he said this was his 82nd race of 2012!
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Great day for me too, finished in 4hrs 53mins and yes those last 7 miles from castle bolton felt like another 20! I was run walking most of that last bit, the mud was incredible, definitely need some better shoes for that amount of mud, the only thing that disappointed me were the amount of runners at the first stile who weren't prepared to wait to go through and instead were climbing over the fence with barbed wire and basically destroying it, all for the sake of gaining a few minutes, it's behaviour like this that will end up getting such good events like this stopped, please people, have some respect for the countryside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Perfectly synchronised arrival as Mrs S and I swung into the car park from opposite directions. We only just got registered in time: tally, string, off.

Fabulous weather mostly, though by Castle Bolton, running/walking at my pace, the blue skies had definitely gone and I finished wearing waterproofs in 5 hours 43.

Only the one injury for me today, which is a step in the right direction; unfortunately it's a new one, the right knee, and never having had a knee problem of any kind before in 25+ years of running, I have absolutely no idea if it's anything to worry about or not.

Very good event, which would have been improved only by finishing at Castle Bolton; those last 7 miles went on forever!

Also spent some time en route in the company of erstwhile Fell Pony, now Esk man, Chris J., who can always be relied upon to surface at any given event. I think he said this was his 82nd race of 2012!
    I wonder if you twisted your knee slightly in the gloopy mud. A friend of mine once got a knee injury running in snow from all the slipping and sliding

I ran the Wedge with Hes last year and I have to say Hester was 'quite' hard work for that last 7 mile run in from Castle Bolton . She was less capable of manning the f*** up in those days

I also agree about that first stile - loads of runners seemingly trashed the fence last year too

:sneaky:Oyy you cheeky blighter! That was the longest distance I'd run since tearing two of my ankle ligaments that summer and the sucky mud was very sapping! Anyway, I only whinged and cried a bit(Mrs. Stagger could be right about Tussockface's knee, could well be due to running in slippy mud). However, I agree, my manning up skills are much better these days now that I run regularly with someone who has no concept of other people's suffering Re the gate...I was going to say the same, people were climbing the fence and I'm sure we all had a good long argument about fellrunning etiquette on this here forum as a result. Bad form in my opinion but I also noticed someone do that at this weekend's Clay Bank West fell race when there was a perfectly good gate free right next to him! It's not big and it's not clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I ran the Wedge with Hes last year and I have to say Hester was 'quite' hard work for that last 7 mile run in from Castle Bolton
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

The results are available to view here........http://www.ldwa.org.uk/lgt/downloads...sults_2012.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    The results are available to view here........http://www.ldwa.org.uk/lgt/downloads...sults_2012.pdf
    Thanks Mrs S, My fave ldwa and one really like to have a go at.