Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I love Wales

I love Wales

Not born here. Don't speak da lingo. But I know the bones of this place. I'm growing old with them. I have sighed over Snowdonia since I was schoolkid, and adored Anglesey since pre-school years.
    I have dragged my weary carcass virtually the whole length of the country. I know all her moods and I love them all. From the comforting smell of puddles of Brains on International day to the tang of sheep on the gathering winds of a storm in the middle of bloody nowhere. From the glittering light off the waves in St Davids bay to the dreary gray drizzle of a dank Rhinogian nightmare. The place has seeped into my conscious and subconscious and I am utterly, hopelessly lost in love for the place.
    So, when I venture out for a run in the pissing rain and howling wind tomorrow, it will be with a spring in my step and glint in the eye.....it's great to be alive in a place like this!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Re: I love Wales

The wife has finally agreed in principle to us crossing the border too....just have to convince the kids now, dog seems ok about it

lost between Blackstone Edge and Stoodley Pike

Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    The wife has finally agreed in principle to us crossing the border too....just have to convince the kids now, dog seems ok about it
    Go for it, it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Not born here. Don't speak da lingo. But I know the bones of this place. I'm growing old with them. I have sighed over Snowdonia since I was schoolkid, and adored Anglesey since pre-school years.
    I have dragged my weary carcass virtually the whole length of the country. I know all her moods and I love them all. From the comforting smell of puddles of Brains on International day to the tang of sheep on the gathering winds of a storm in the middle of bloody nowhere. From the glittering light off the waves in St Davids bay to the dreary gray drizzle of a dank Rhinogian nightmare. The place has seeped into my conscious and subconscious and I am utterly, hopelessly lost in love for the place.
    So, when I venture out for a run in the pissing rain and howling wind tomorrow, it will be with a spring in my step and glint in the eye.....it's great to be alive in a place like this!
    Wheeze in 1 paragraph you have painted such a picture!!!

Love you;re finishing line. It's why we all do what we do

(F*** isn't LIFE bloody great???)

I've always been a bit partial to Wales.
    Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep

Blimey - you been on the single malt again?

No, t'was a bit early for that!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Surely never too early?

So, did I enjoy my wet, cold, muddy run today? You damn well bet! Mindyou, 95% of it was in England! (funny thing, living on the border!).
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Cymru am byth!
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"