Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I love Wales

What about some Big Bad Tom, or delectable Cerys??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Cerys' voice tickles my marrow!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

There's something about a south Wales woman's voice, luverly sound, best thing about the valley girls and the gogs don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Not born here. Don't speak da lingo. But I know the bones of this place. I'm growing old with them. I have sighed over Snowdonia since I was schoolkid, and adored Anglesey since pre-school years.
    I have dragged my weary carcass virtually the whole length of the country. I know all her moods and I love them all. From the comforting smell of puddles of Brains on International day to the tang of sheep on the gathering winds of a storm in the middle of bloody nowhere. From the glittering light off the waves in St Davids bay to the dreary gray drizzle of a dank Rhinogian nightmare. The place has seeped into my conscious and subconscious and I am utterly, hopelessly lost in love for the place.
    So, when I venture out for a run in the pissing rain and howling wind tomorrow, it will be with a spring in my step and glint in the eye.....it's great to be alive in a place like this!
    I love whales since i was 8 years old lol

I love whales since i was 8 years old lol
    I've always preferred dolphins
    ....it's all downhill from here.

I first went to Wales on regular family holidays to Pembrokshire, staying near St Davids Head. Then as a teenager went to Snowdonia to begin climbing and hill walking. So impressed was I with it that I went to Bangor University for 3 years in the late 70's. I enjoyed it so much that I got stuck there and ended up buying a house in Bethesda. Did loads of climbing and hill walking, and started serious running. Did the Snowdonia Marathon in 1985 and a few local fell races - there weren't many then. However I met my now wife and moved to Leeds. Luckily we have a family cottage near Machynlleth so started visiting Mid Wales regularly and when we had our son holidayed in Pembrokeshire again.
    I'm now closing in on visiting all the 2000' hills in Wales - less than 50 to do from 230 (I'm using a very obscure list) This has taken me to fabulous part of the country I've not visited before. The view from the Western end of the Brecon Beacons was superb - Pembrokeshire and the Bristol Channel with Devon in the distance. Only got the Black Mountains, some of the Berwyns and a few obscure Snowdonia hills to visit to complete.
    Done lots of running in Wales, Cadair Idris race, Snowdonia Marathon (30 years after the first time - and I was only 30 minutes slower) and many more.
    I love Wales!

What years were you at Bangor Uni?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    What years were you at Bangor Uni?
    1976 - 79; Read Zoology with Marine Zoology, then 12 years living nearby. Good times.

Banned
    The Welsh Government has announced details of its plan to give some prisoners the vote.

Ministers say inmates serving less than four years should be able to vote in local elections from 2022.

Have your lot gone bonkers???

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    The Welsh Government has announced details of its plan to give some prisoners the vote.

Ministers say inmates serving less than four years should be able to vote in local elections from 2022.

Have your lot gone bonkers???
    That's what happens when Labour runs the show!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog