Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardington Cracker

Looking forward to Sunday. I know at least a couple of forumites have this in their sights as well, good luck to everyone.

A tough cross-country fixture the day before, but hoping I can still knock a minute or two off my previous time from 2015. Although I might well revise that lofty ambition when I hit the first climb...

I'll be there.

......it's the last climbs that always get me
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Saturday night out in Bristol will mean I doubt I'll be in any fit state for an early start on Sunday.
    Hope you all have a good one!

See you tomorrow :-) Manchester League XC for me today then tomorrow MrRTS is playing on this while Beau Dog and I take a few photos. Race 41 or his 50@50. Good luck everyone.

Fantastic conditions today. Driving along the M6 in the rain fearing the worst, but it was lovely on arrival in Shropshire.

First couple of miles I couldn't shake the life into my tired legs, but once over and down the other side of the Lawley I began to cut my way through the field. As I recalled from 2015, went well over the second half of the course with the more runnable climbs. As per usual, the climbs and steeper descents allowed me to pick up places, but the flatter sections in between were a real chore today, and lost 3 or 4 hard-fought places in the final mile.

1hr43 which is a pb by a couple of minutes, but I do think I could put a dent into 1:40 on fresh legs, but can't complain with a pb in any circumstances.

Hello to DaveMole, great run today, and TrevorM and JTinnion well done for both getting round whilst somewhat under the weather.

Great race and very tough.

Pete

it was a good day, today. Glad you got a PB, as did I
    Just getting to the finish and not feeling crap was a result, but getting an envelope at the finish for being 60th was nice, too!
    Full results are here:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...Dg2ZDVjNDk1Mzc

Anybody hitting this on sunday...?

Weather looks like it could be bright and cold.

Last time I did this I'd done XC the day before so was somewhat jaded, and with two years further training and racing behind me, I'm hoping that I can knock off somewhere in the region of 10mins off my pb, but that might be pushing it a bit...

Great race... despite the lower altitude in comparison to the Lakes/Wales, those hills can be incredibly exposed to the elements, and the combination of steep climbs and tough running makes it a worthy challenge...

Also bringing a clubmate who ran his first ever fell race last weekend. That was a BM and finished him off for a few days, so this will be another step up in effort, if not technical difficulty.
    Last edited by Travs; 29-11-2019 at 12:08 PM.

doing Blorenge tomorrow and might try to get to Cardington on Sunday. Haven't raced it for a couple of years, it's always the climb out of the valley after Caradoc that's the killer!

Good luck at Blorenge Dave... I'd considered that myself but I'm lagging in the Shrops League as I've done no races yet, so I want a good run sunday.

I remember the first time I did the Cracker and you flying past me on the first climb as I was crawling up on all fours..

you flying past me
    doubt that will happen again!