Been wondering about some route choices for the BG. Has anyone got more details or ideas on any of the following please:-

1) line up onto Clough Head from Newsham house. When I recced this earlier in January I went with Bob's suggestion of striking up left. My gut feeling is that this was a longer way and direct up might have been quicker (Bob also mentions on his site the alternative of following the fence). But the impression I had was that going left may have given less boggy ground - is this really so. It was pixxing down in January, and I came back down by the fence and didn't notice a problem...

2) line off Grey Knotts to Honister. Has anyone an accurate description of the line that is more runnable down to the car park? Obviously going up one sticks to the fence, but going down there is a longer but quicker way out to the left...

3) route from portinscale to keswick. I've never done this bit, but from looking at the map there are 2 footbridges marked. Is the best route to follow the small lane over the river and then right on the footpath marked on the map; or can one get through the hotel on Derwent Hill and make use of the other footbridge marked on the map. There's not a lot in it, but was curious which was better...

4) route from Scafell to Wasdale. isn't there a scree run down somewhere, or is the best option the descent to the corpse road? Bob does mention on his site about cutting down right to some stile and then following a wall down to the bottom.