Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: preparation for BG.

Master

Re: preparation for BG.

Thanks for your comments. I am leaning towards missing Fellsman anf focussing training on the mountains, with test runs on the BGR. as I got so close last year I know the route pretty well so am keen to do some of the training on other routes. as I can get to N Wales from Nottingham quicker than the Lakes I have been doing sections of PB and also did peris Horseshoe (a killer!!) just before Xmas. I like the idea also of an evening start only problem might be supporters who may have to work a Friday before driving to the Lakes. Any one else going for the 14th June?

Master

to add to fellShoeShuffler's point on the difference in terain between The Dales and Mountains I agree. However on the BGR I seemed to suffer worse on those undulating sections rather than the big ups or big downs. I had my hardest times on Clough head- Dollywagon and felt totally wasted on the Steal to Calf crag section..perhaps because they are faster? any body else found that?

DazH did some good prep for his BG today (well we started yesterday).
    You may have noticed that his prolific posting was halted for 24hours.

alwaysinjured

Not recommended is:

Do no running at all for 2 months till early jan because of injury - so lose entire fitness base..

Set a date of first couple of days of may - so no chance of getting in OCT or any of those.

Nobody but an idiot would do such a thing..

And me!

So entire BG training to date is about 2 hours in the last week...main problem the old ladies grumbling that I am getting in the way as they overtake on their zimmer frames.

Now managed a cold which will put me out for a week.

**Sniff**.