Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: watches

watches

merry new year to you all!

i got a timex ironman 100 lap watch for xmas and to be perfectly frank i'm not sure how i should use it. i'm the sort of chap that just hits the hills and follows his nose without applying a great deal of method. does anyone use lap/interval timers for fell training??

if so how?

should i trade in for something with a HRM, would this be more useful??

The lap function is good for road racing on the flat (i.e use it to keep an eye on pace with the mile markers). Not much good on the hills though. Good watch, I love mine. I don't really use an HRM...

Master and MR
    ive just paid
    19 quid for a timex ironman , duty free is cool

Re: watches

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    ive just paid
    19 quid for a timex ironman , duty free is cool
    good stuff....so what you gonna use it for?

I'd like a watch for running, any reccomendations? I guestimate how long i've been out for. It has to be something quite simple to work, possibly with a hrm. I'm not a serious or a good runner, only done one fell race and a couple of club x country's, I just run for the enjoyment of it, but would like to keep an eye on how long i'm out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I'd like a watch for running, any reccomendations? I guestimate how long i've been out for. It has to be something quite simple to work, possibly with a hrm. I'm not a serious or a good runner, only done one fell race and a couple of club x country's, I just run for the enjoyment of it, but would like to keep an eye on how long i'm out for.
    See above Sarah. Timex Ironman will have all you need with little fuss. Don't worry too much about HRM- especially if you are not "a serious runner". Check out http://www.wiggle.co.uk/default.aspx?cat=run
    although if you have a more thorough punt round you should be able to pick up a bargain. Try ebay

My Timex Ironman is a bit of a pain, the buttons are too sensitive, I'm always catching it and stopping it while out running. Apart from that I've no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I bought my wife one of the pink sleek ironman watches from Pete Bland's for Christmas. She thinks it's great, wears it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
    I bought my wife one of the pink sleek ironman watches from Pete Bland's for Christmas. She thinks it's great, wears it all the time.
    Ooh pink, my favourite colour, I have a pink swatch watch and love it, wish i had a nice husband to buy me a pink ironman . Could buy myself one though

Don't be cheeky!! We're not even married!!