Thread: Twin Piers 10k Llandudno - CB

Twin Piers 10k Llandudno - CB

Anybody know any details about this race? Like dates, times, places, prices, registration peculiarities, etc.

All I know is that it is run annually in mid-Jan.

Re: Twin Piers 10k Llandudno -

Sat 19th Jan starts somewhere in Colwyn Bay I believe at 1.00pm. I'll try and find the rest of the details as I know someone else who wants to do it too.

Would suit Fell Runners... apart from the fact it's on the road
    I ran this in 1986 and suspect the course has not changed much since - it starts in Llandudno by the pier - then goes to Colwyn Bay (near its pier, hence the name of the race!) - 1 mile flat, 1.5 miles uphill, then 1-1.5 downhill. The rest is flat, then goes into Eirias Park up a hill to the finish, by the track. A toughie...
    In those days they also had an 18K event which took in the Great Orme - not sure if they still do that!
    Well organised anyhow. I seem to remember they got you to meet at Colwyn Bay then took you to the start on a bus!
    You'll never Walk Alone!

Thanks for the info. I couldn't seem to find anything (current) online about this race. I believe that it's organised by Colwyn Bay AC, but the club website hasn't been updated since 2004.

My plan now is to hover around Llandudno pier at midday on the 19th until I see some activity/people with numbers on their chests.

This is all I could find, on the West Cheshire AC site:

Twin Piers 10K

13:00, Colwyn Bay
    NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY. Closing date 12th January. Transport to the Start (Llandudno Pier) @ 12.15 prompt! Fun Run on Colwyn Bay Prom @ 11.00am - £2.00

http://www.westcheshireac.co.uk/fixtures

Thanks Iain. I guess I'll just have to run unofficially, seeing as I've effectively missed the cut-off.

No entries on the day? It seems that someone is going out of their way to keep the numbers down on this event.

Ended up doing this, got an entry last night after numerous phone calls.

Anyway nice race, well organised, results available at the prize giving.

248 ran, I came 11th in 35:41, we won the blokes team event, my missus won the open womens, senior womens and womens team event, so 4 new trophies. Fast run, very flat for about 6 k, only really 1 hill, but I died a death there, maybe set off too fast, I'm useless at pacing myself.

Really worried on the home straight about the up hill finish at the end, but the route has changed and it now finishes on the promenade.

4 villages half at 11am tommorrow, so been for 2 cold dips in the sea and river to try and get the legs feeling OK.