Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ultra event (Hardmoors110)

Master

Re: New Ultra event (Hardmoors

See you at Yoredale DB?
    The older I get the Faster I was

i agree , LDWA events are great value and you don't need a blinkin reflective vest!! Makes you wonder why this Hardmoors one costs £60? Afterall you provide your own support , hence food , so how can they justify 60 quid?

Master

Quality Goody Bag maybe

Hi JohnK. Unfortunately I can't make the Yoredale as it's a week before my proposed BGR and I might be a little bit tired

Last big event will be The Fellsman (for the 15th time. Why do I keep coming back ?) Then tapering until my BGR. Oh, and I'll be helping another club member on the BGR the week after the Fellsman. Then I'll be tapering - hopefully

DB

Master

Best of luck DB

I'm interested in this event but tend to agree with the comments about the entry cost and the rules.

I can live with a reflective bib but the motorized backup is the real killer. Why? What difference does it make? With the exception of the WHW I don't know of any other event that requires this. Why not insist that each competitor carries a mobile phone and in the event of pulling out it's up to them to call the organiser and then a taxi!!!

Having motorised backup turns it in to a real logistics nightmare - organisers - please reconsider!!

With respect to the entry fee, I'm sure there's quite a cost to staging an event like this but it surely can't be much more than the Fellsman (which costs £23 to enter). If the rest is on the contents of the goodie bag then that seems a bit crazy - if I wanted / needed 40 quids worth of extra gear I'd have already bought it!!

I ran a beautiful section of the Cleveland Way (Port Mulgrave to Whitby) over New Year.

It took in two fantastic sandy beaches (Runswick Bay and Sandsend) and most of the run was spent on the cliff tops. If the rest of the Cleveland way is anything like this it will be a stunningly scenic expedition.

I've got to say however, just on this little section of the Way, the steep climb from Runswick Bay beach to get on to the top of the cliffs so as to reach Kettleness was really tough going.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Nice one Danbert. i plan to run from Scarboro to Redcar , one day. One nice big long day .

Devil o'the Highlands also needs back-up car (half of the whw). It's just become part of the montrail series so I was wondering whether to have a go as my final race before the Tour du Mont Blanc.
    The back-up car has really put me off on this also. It's only 43 miles and I can carry enough food & kit with me for that distance. Why do you need back-up?
    I think these events (whw, Devil and this hardmoors) are trying to attract road runners or ultra road runners where looking after yourself doesn't come as second nature. I'm going to leave them too it.

Totally agree ama, the BGR doesn't specify and i would say (althou not having done it) it must be just a tad harder than the events mentioned. The more we head towards rules , excessive costs the less appeal it has for me personally. I suppose we are all free to enter what we want and if folks fancy the Hardmoors then all the best to them , just not my cup of tea.