Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who gets ill?

Who gets ill?

Do you get ill very often?

I don't seem to get ill very often at all. I was spewing up for a night in November and i had a cold for 2 or 3 days last summer (!?!?!?) but other than that nothing else in the last 18mnth - 2yrs.

Surely such good health can't be wholly attributed to keeping myself fit?
    I don't come into contact with young kids so that avoids a lot of the bugs that do the rounds. Also, i try to avoid stuffy artificial heat as it feels unhealthy to me, so for instance i use the car heater but with the windows open and i keep a blazing coal fire going of an evening but have a door and window open and avoid using the rad's unless the wife insists.

Hope i dont jinx myself now as I hate being ill. (Obvious statement if ever there was one. I mean, who likes being ill?)
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Re: Who gets ill?

I don't get ill much. I always used to get one bad cold / flu each winter, although it seemed to feel progresively worse each year. Worst thing last year was a dose of food poisioning. Did wonders for my weight though!

undercover moderator

A lot of people believe that you can't get sexually transmitted diseases from toilet seats.

In fact you can.

You have to lick them though.

Snap! don't like central heating, can't beat coal fire. I wonder if it is while running and, how do you say we are constantly 'snotting out' as my mate puts it, that any nasty bugs trying to enter the body through the nose gets blasted back out! Touching my head (wood) i hope this to be true, as so far this winter i've not had a sniff, while all around have had.
    Short arms and deep pockets. A yorkshire man.

never really get ill, i was always ill when i was young e.g. under 10..

then after 16 i stopped going to the docs just let me own system fight the illness it seems to work.
    one thing i don't do is if i get a cold i don't take lemsip or owt as i just let the bug work through.

had a cold last month first for 2 years prior to that it was 3 years before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    A lot of people believe that you can't get sexually transmitted diseases..
    Life is a sexually transmiited disease that always ends in death.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Never get ill, work outside alot and eat alot of fruit trouble with that is it makes for a smelly backside, probably a good job i don't work indoors. girlfriend always has heating on though it helps to drink lots of water but then ya pee all night.

o yeah work outdoors most of the day then run as well..

Quote Originally Posted by cobbydale View Post
    Never get ill, work outside alot and eat alot of fruit trouble with that is it makes for a smelly backside, probably a good job i don't work indoors. girlfriend always has heating on though it helps to drink lots of water but then ya pee all night.

I've been eating loads of fruit every day for the last six months or so, and seem to have escaped all the bugs and colds everyone else around me, has been suffering from over the last few months. I think there's huge benefits from lots of fresh fruit, i've got a lot more energy too, I very rarely feel tired and lethargic.

I've not had any sick leave from work, for over 4 years now. I don't generally eat all the right foods, in fact just the opposite. I do however take Vit C and Multi Vits with Iron. Plus large amounts of Guinness.
    I am a postman though, so i do get to see some hours of daylight in the winter, which keeps away the winter blues.