Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Swaledale Marathon

Re: Swaledale Marathon

Not that i can find, nothing on their site except last years so far

Quote Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
    Yep Mikeb, i was lead to beleive it would be like a scene from some war film too, actually found fremington edge the hardest as no chance to settle in to a routine, didnt help being stood right at the tape in the start field either, got a bit carried away with the pace of the front runners and thought i could keep up. Evidently i didnt!
    I was about 2/3 people back from the tape and did pretty much the same thing! it would have been nice to have more than just the few feet before it started going up sharply, if my legs could have said something it would have been "What are you trying to do? I mean two consecutive marathons? in the dales? If i were in a union ... it's just unfair ... whats wrong with flat 10k's on the road?". Still that's what it's all about!

Would like to see the results though!

Finished in 3 hrs 32 mins this year - which is 10 mins better than last year - think that was down to the running conditions which were as has been said near perfect - not too hot, bit of a breeze and clear on the tops.
    Fremington edge is allways a shock to the system - no way round that one - but I find the long pull up to the highest point at Great Punchard Head the worst - it is all runable but trying to keep going up the numerous false summits is tough.
    The rocky narrow lane down to the finish is pretty tough too - ideal for going over on tired and bruised ankles!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    The rocky narrow lane down to the finish is pretty tough too - ideal for going over on tired and bruised ankles!
    One of my running friends did exactly that on the last lane! Put a hole in his knee, managed to bandage it in the lane, got up and still finished in 3.58!! Ended up in Northallerton A&E with stitches

Finished in 3 hrs 32 mins this year
    BTW, incredible time JoeH, i guess you must have finished pretty near the front?

Thanks TOL - managed to squeeze into the top 10 with 9th place this year. Winning time is usually around 3 hrs dead (which I think I would be if I tried to run it in that time!).

Managed to get a set of results last night but don't know when they'll get them on the SOC website. See Stewart Gregory won again this year in 3.08.

Still no sign of the results think i might just guess

I see the results are up now on www.swaledaleoutdoorclub.org.uk

23miles due West of British West Hartlepool

Finished in 3 hrs 32 mins this year - which is 10 mins better than last year - think that was down to the running conditions which were as has been said near perfect - not too hot, bit of a breeze and clear on the tops.
    Fremington edge is allways a shock to the system - no way round that one - but I find the long pull up to the highest point at Great Punchard Head the worst - it is all runable but trying to keep going up the numerous false summits is tough.
    Hi Joe H.
    No wonder i did not pass you on the last section this year as i have the last two years 10 mins quicker you had a good run, well done, but who was the swaledale guy who won the over 50, he came past me like a train after the Stang bridge checkpoint, I reckon last year was my last time on that trophy
    See you or maybe not next year
    LOST TIME IS NEVER FOUND AGAIN, WHAT WE CALL TIME ENOUGH ALWAYS PROVES LITTLE ENOUGH.