Thread: Sore Knee's

Sore Knee's

Not really an injury more just a pain

I went to Wales on saturday and quite a bit of climb and descent (8000ft) on the back of not running or doing very little for a few weeks due to man flu.

Apart from my whole body aching, I have quite a bit of soreness in the knees (both).

It particulary hurts when going up the stairs more so than when going down (when it feels like it could collapse form under me).

Im not particularly concerned about this as it was more painful yesterday and I ran on them last night and they are no worse toaday. Plus its both knees which probably means its an overuse injury.

The reason Im raising this is because I have never had knee pain before, its right behind the knee cap.

Does anyone else ever get painful knees after doing lots of descent.

Jamie

Re: Sore Knee's

I get that when I haven't done much and go out for a long day out with lots of ascent/descent, tends to go away as I get fitter/lighter

I wouldn't be too bothered by it as thats a lot of ascent if you've been laid up for a few weeks, as you get back to a normal training routine your body should get used to it again
    Bill

Now Then Mate I Was Reading Youe Threads On The Asthma Problem Seems Your In The Same Boat As Me Is It Any Easier Now

(that Was To Not On Your Helly)

Quote Originally Posted by owmeknee View Post
    Now Then Mate I Was Reading Youe Threads On The Asthma Problem Seems Your In The Same Boat As Me Is It Any Easier Now
    That was my most sincerest thread ever, I was in absolute turmoil. Its almost a year to the day that I started with the dodgy breathing.

Its definately winter related and last year it was bad between Feb - April. I missed my training for the three peaks due to it. I could not run for longer than 20minutes.

Im particularly wary at the moment. Touch wood its been fine. I felt grotty when I had the cold over crimbo.

How bad is yours, are you just using your inhaler more often. Or is it stopping you dead in your tracks. I think its important to make sure if you have any colds and chest infections that you are completely rid of them before you get back to running. I think thats how mine kicked off last year.

Also use the preventers morning and night (certainly over winter) and your relievers before running.

PM me if you need to chew the fat on this, I could bore you for hours.

No seriously it can be very frustrating and at times quite frightening.

Hope its not to bad
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    I get that when I haven't done much and go out for a long day out with lots of ascent/descent, tends to go away as I get fitter/lighter

I wouldn't be too bothered by it as thats a lot of ascent if you've been laid up for a few weeks, as you get back to a normal training routine your body should get used to it again
    Thanks for your reply Bill,

I ran Tuesday and Wednesday and they where fine. I found them to be a little sore when I ran last night (Thursday).

I'll rest down till my half marathon sunday now, and have an easier week before hitting the hills again with a little less climb than last time.