Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myo XP Batteries...?

Myo XP Batteries...?

Hello all just took delivery of my new XP, Just a bit confused on what type of battery to use Alkaline or Lithium. Sure I read that the Lithiums destroy the bulbs any advice welcome.
    thanks Mark.

Re: Myo XP Batteries...?

Quote Originally Posted by markt View Post
    Hello all just took delivery of my new XP, Just a bit confused on what type of battery to use Alkaline or Lithium. Sure I read that the Lithiums destroy the bulbs any advice welcome.
    thanks Mark.
    I've just used Duracell's with no bother.
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    I've just used Duracell's with no bother.
    Me too and they last for ages.

I got a set of rechargeables, I recharge them every week to keep the light at it's best.

I don't see why a lithium battery would destroy the bulb as the voltage is still the same. They are jsut designed to be longer lasting.

Go onto the Petzl website and access the technical pages. They specifically warn against using lithium batteries in their l.e.d head torches.

I remember this being discussed on Outdoor Magic forum:

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/forum/f...last/1/V/1/SP/

I usually carry a set of lithium AA's as back up in case the rechargeables go in my PT Apex, which can happen if you are out for a while on a cold night.

With sub-zero temps there is often quite a dramatic difference in how much usage you get out of a set of NiMh rechargeables I've found.

In reference to Myo XP batteries and something hopey mentioned (and also to get over my headtorch envy that occured at the Wharfedale run on Wed)

How long is it before you notice a drop in performance from your Myo XP batteries once you have put fresh ones in? Is it really worth charging every week? How long are you keeping them batteries in there?

Just curious as my headlight still flashes green at me but just does not seem as powerful, but this could all be in my mind after being blinded by the lights on Wed.

I have read the petzl instructions but I just wondered what your own opinions were?

I charge that batteries once a week which is normally after 4 hours of running. I can get two weeks out before I notice a big drop.

If you've not had new batteries in for a while then stick some new ones in and it's like a new headtorch!!

david

I use 2500mAh NiMH rechargeables and they last for so long I can't remember when I last charged them. We had a discussion on the forum some time ago about the discharge rates for rechargeable and standard non-rechargeable batteries. If I recall correctly, rechargeables have a fairly flat discharge curve and then die very rapidly whereas non-rechargeables discharge at a more constant rate.