Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myo XP Batteries...?

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Re: Myo XP Batteries...?

This should give some details of run times with various batteries;

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=158648

They obviously have more spare time than us .

Fellhound

I have a Petzl Duo with the 14LED module. I was led to believe that disposable batteries would be brighter because they are 1.5 instead of 1.2 volts but that hasn't proven to be the case.

I've been using 2700mAh Fuji rechargeables for a while now and charging them almost weekly (not because I need to but because with a life of 1000 charge cycles you can afford to!). This keeps the light at it's brightest. However, I recently forgot to charge them for a couple of weeks and was about to go out on a big night run, so I bought a set of Duracells and put them in. Imagine my surprise when the new Duracells didn't seem as bright as the rechargeables!!

The other drawback with disposables is that they begin their degradation curve almost immediately and even if they ARE brighter at first (something I now seriously doubt) they will soon drop below the brightness of a torch with rechargeables in. Because we are all tightwads, they will not get replaced until the beam is visibly yellow. Rechargeable man, meanwhile, has been charging his batteries weekly and enjoying a brighter light all the time.

Throw away your disposables once and for all. They will be illegal on environmental grounds eventually anyway... hence Duracell recently moving into the field of rechargeables!

signed, The Head Torch Doctor.

Thanks everyone,
    lots of good info, not had much of a chance to try it out yet but my first impressions walking the dog in the morning are good. cant wait to get out for a run sometime this weekend.
    thanks Markt