Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Lakeland 100

wow it did fill up fast - 400+ after 3 minutes.

In for the 100 after doing the 50 this year...
    ...that after concluding whilst doing the 50 you'd have to be seriously wrong in the head to do the 100!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkel View Post
    Full in 6 minutes
    It's certainly become popular. That is amazingly fast.

Less than a week to go!!

Slightly concerned I've not done enough! I'll be very steady away, aiming for 20ish min/miles until Buttermere and maybe 17-18 min/mile to Dalemain then see how I am. Mrs tfg will be doing L50 as walk/jog so hopefully I'll get to see her around Dalemain/Pooley. We'll see!

Iain POVEY #272 Karen POVEY #902 if you fancy saying hello!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Well...I completed, but very much slower than hoped! 37+ hours instead of around 32. General fatigue/tiredness, lack of sleep got me at Kop/Mardale. Ended up running from there with Karen, which was great. Finishing was emotional. Great day (or two!?) out.

Well done all who ran. Few photos from the 100 start. No obligation - please donate a couple of quid to this link https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...fs-fell-photos if you wish https://goo.gl/photos/gsaqyw3ayF9D3wS56
    all proceeds to Buxton Mountain Rescue
    Last edited by RaceTheSweeper; 02-08-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Let me offer my congratulations on completing this. Something I'd love to do in the near future.
    Before this year the longest race I'd done was 19 miles, but stepped it up this year and done 33 miles, 42 miles, and a host of tough 20plus mile fellraces. Still feels like a massive step up to 100 miles. Maybe I can do a 50 mile race next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Let me offer my congratulations on completing this. Something I'd love to do in the near future.
    Before this year the longest race I'd done was 19 miles, but stepped it up this year and done 33 miles, 42 miles, and a host of tough 20plus mile fellraces. Still feels like a massive step up to 100 miles. Maybe I can do a 50 mile race next year.
    Indeed, big respect to those that had a go at the 100. I did the 50 and that was more than enough. It was great to be able to talk to many of the 100 runners between miles 54-100 (the 50 people have to do a ~4 miles loop of the Dalemain Estate before joining the main route and start at 11.30am on Sat, with 100ers leaving Coniston at 6.00pm Friday) and give them words of support and encouragement. Not surprising there were people in a variety of conditions – from some being still remarkably energised and chatty, to others that were clearly in a bit of a dark place and could hardly engage in even a brief conversation. It was impressive and inspiring to see all of those 100ers.

Think you’d have no problem doing a 50-60 event Pete after seeing how you handled LM42. I’m doing Bullock Smithy on 3 Sep (56 miles) and Lakes In A Day on 8 Oct (50 miles), why not give one of those a go? Fellsman (61+ miles) is another classic and favourite of mine which I’d strongly recommend.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    If your congratulations were towards myself, cheers!! It is a great event. I've been aiming for it for about 3-4 years, building up with Bullock Smithy, L50, West Highland Way Race etc. The L50 is a great event but not much preperation for what the L100 has in store!! I got a bit of a shock doing the first half though I thought I knew and understood the route! It has to be the premium trail 100 in the UK. Problem I have now is I have to do it again to get closer to the time I wished for having learned a few lessons....I hope!?

With a bit of luck I might well see you at the Bullock Smithy Mark C
    Last edited by that_fjell_guy; 03-08-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    With a bit of luck I might well see you at the Bullock Smithy Mark C
    Well done indeed Iain completing the 100. It's made me realise it's a huge step up from doing a 50-60 miles event.

Hopefully see you at the Bullock Smithy. Not going to get a chance to reccie any of it..... know quite a bit of the route, but not the section you do in the dark - so might be interesting!
    Totley AC

tbh Mark I found moving from L50/Bullock Smithy etc to West highland Way not so big a gap if the training is right. I have also completed Hardmoors 110 and found that not too great a step-up. The L100, though really did cause me issues, more with sleep deprevation. Maybe I just got my pre-race prep wrong? But the first half definately is tough and possibly it's that which caught me out!?

Theres a lot of route choice in second half of Bullock Smithy, tricky in the dark if you're alone. Its worth having a good look at a map to see if you can suss out a preferred route.