Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Lakeland 100

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lucker View Post
    Thanks John. After a conservative start, I was meant to speed up (or at least not slow down), but my painfully blistered feet tempered that a bit.
    Well given the terrain, weather conditions and blistered feet, I figure you put in a damned good effort.

Given that there appears to have been somewhere in the region of 136 DNFs and some surprising names amongst them backs that up.

Whats next CAPE WRATH TRAIL maybe
    Last edited by JohnK; 30-07-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Well given the terrain, weather conditions and blistered feet, I figure you put in a damned good effort.

Given that there appears to have been somewhere in the region of 136 DNFs and some surprising names amongst them backs that up.

Whats next CAPE WRATH TRAIL maybe
    Thanks. Still trying to decide if 5 weeks is enough time to be ready for the "Grand Tour of Skiddaw". Probably will give it another go, after doing the last 2 years (after the L50 then after DNF-ing the L100). Then the next long tough one will be Trans Gran Canaria, Feb 2018.

Not too keen on the idea (and cost) of stage races. Maybe one day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lucker View Post
    Thanks. Still trying to decide if 5 weeks is enough time to be ready for the "Grand Tour of Skiddaw". Probably will give it another go, after doing the last 2 years (after the L50 then after DNF-ing the L100). Then the next long tough one will be Trans Gran Canaria, Feb 2018.

Not too keen on the idea (and cost) of stage races. Maybe one day.
    Will that be the 360 Deg or the 125K on the Gran Canaria?

I am with you on the cost or idea of multi day stage races, but I am more than happy to challenge myself and take on the long challenges, going at my own pace and pushing the distances until I am ready to stop and setting off again when I am ready.
    Far nicer to find a nice spot to stick a bivvy up, if you need a couple of hours kip than try and get some rest in a noisy fixed control point.
    OK I have to carry and provide my own supplies but that just adds to the challenge/satisfaction I.M.O.

Good luck with the G.T.S if you decide to do it
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Will that be the 360 Deg or the 125K on the Gran Canaria?

I am with you on the cost or idea of multi day stage races, but I am more than happy to challenge myself and take on the long challenges, going at my own pace and pushing the distances until I am ready to stop and setting off again when I am ready.
    Far nicer to find a nice spot to stick a bivvy up, if you need a couple of hours kip than try and get some rest in a noisy fixed control point.
    OK I have to carry and provide my own supplies but that just adds to the challenge/satisfaction I.M.O.

Good luck with the G.T.S if you decide to do it
    The 360 is pricey too (TGC costs enough mind) plus it's ludicrously tough. As its part of a holiday the Trans Gran Canaria fits better. Although last time in 2016 I underestimated its toughness, and ended up unable to walk properly for 3 days. I'll be ready for it this time though.