Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My swimming credibility has

Re: My swimming credibility ha

Mud i knocked out 64 x 25m lengths of crawl in 38 minutes today, a PB, but i'm getting bored sh*tless, the blue line is driving me mad and counting filters is no longer fun. Any thoughts on what can be done to make my swimming less tedious and more fun?
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Mud i knocked out 64 x 25m lengths of crawl in 38 minutes today, a PB, but i'm getting bored sh*tless, the blue line is driving me mad and counting filters is no longer fun. Any thoughts on what can be done to make my swimming less tedious and more fun?
    yes i used to try looking up the nice lady pool attendants dress whilst she was sitting on the high chair
    is this not possible danbert

undercover moderator

Any thoughts on what can be done to make my swimming less tedious and more fun?
    Funnily enough Danbert, I was giving this some thought at lunchtime as the blue line glid slowly by wearing my welders goggles, and watching out for someone punching me.

First off, I wondered about trying your idea of touching the side of the thigh with my hand. But, adding the crucial variation of it being someone else's thigh. Unfortunately, the buggers were going too fast, but it did perk things up for a while.

Next up, I thought about the nature of socks for a while. But, that led to worrying about losing count of lengths.

So, I'm now wondering about a joint approach to spicing up pool-life and also keeping count of lengths. What I will do is, every time I get to the end of a length, loudly shout some sort of obscenity (we could have a poll about which one).

Then, at the end of the session the lifegaurd will say "oi you, you're barred, that's the 64th time you've shouted xxxxx xxx xxxx", and I'll know how many lengths I've done.

The good thing about swimming is that it makes track running seem a little bit more exciting.

If you can wait another month or so and have a wetsuit swimming in open water is alot more fun!

Firstly you can't put your feet down don't have to stop and turn every 30s and you (well I do) always s**t yourself (not literally....thou there was this one ti......) wondering if there are any alliagotors sharks etc swimming underneath you in the black water!

For the pool just go Monday evening when its busy do front crawl so you can look at the lass's under the water!

Can I get in trouble for saying stuff like that???