Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inov8's & blisters

Re: Inov8's & blisters

I've had all the pain I can take! I put my old Inov8's on today and just had a trot around the garden and they felt like slippers in comparison. There's not much grip left and they are split at the side but I'll make do with them at Parbold tommoz and have ordered some new ones.

Check out the sales & wants thread For people that have used them and know the sizing there should not be an issue.

bugger!! wish i'd found this thread earlier. got some 330's this afternoon ,30min later i'm hobblin back with heel hell. I'ii give the steaming a go tomorrow, but it's looking like trail shoes for Lads Leap.

Well I never really had any problems with my inov8's although there was a lot of wear and tear on the inside of the heels. You can just see if you look closely:

I think these ones did maybe 800 miles, albeit at least 200 of those with sod all grip

the only problem i hae with shoes is that i have heel spurs or growth on my heels therefore i have to take the wear in process a lot longer than most...

but overwise i find that the shoe i am wearing is comfortable not tried walshes for a couple of years but may well try them in the near future..

Fellhound

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post

I've never seen a studded sole that worn in my life!!!

You skinflint, Stolly

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    I've never seen a studded sole that worn in my life!!!

You skinflint, Stolly
    Waste not want not

Just after I bought my 330s I tried the advice above given by Inov-8 to Mrs Stagger (though I didn't know it was 'official' advice at the time). I did Step 1, then put in the thin insoles from my Gladiators which fitted perfectly, and thus increased the shoe volume. They fitted much better so I've not needed to go to Step 3.

Simple solution: buy a pair of Walshes! Don't know how anybody can stand them....I bought a pair of mud claws and they felt like clogs!

i usually do go for walshes A.G. ,but having destroyed at least 3 pairs in the last few years I thought I'd give something else a try. My last walshes gave me a dnf at Winter hill when the sole parted company with the uppers for no particular reason. I must admit looking enviously at the amount of wear on Stolly's 330's ,my walshes always self-destructed with a full and pert set of stud.

Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    i usually do go for walshes A.G. ,but having destroyed at least 3 pairs in the last few years I thought I'd give something else a try. My last walshes gave me a dnf at Winter hill when the sole parted company with the uppers for no particular reason. I must admit looking enviously at the amount of wear on Stolly's 330's ,my walshes always self-destructed with a full and pert set of stud.
    Must be a case of horses for courses then. I'm the opposite, the forefoot of my walshes are worn down to flat before the upper takes much damage. Sometimes though, when I don't clean them regularly, the yellow 'Walsh streaks' on the sides split though.