Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Heatwave!

Super Moderator

Heatwave!

17degrees C in downtown Bradford this afternoon. Called at garage for a dark chocolate Magnum whilst out seeing customers earlier

Re: Heatwave!

Boooooooo!!!!!

I've just been staring at of the window at the glorious weather. Then I had to go back to my own desk in the hole without any windows...

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    17degrees C in downtown Bradford this afternoon. Called at garage for a dark chocolate Magnum whilst out seeing customers earlier
    Just run home from work in vest and shorts over Halifax way in February Soft bugger me, i like to be warm. Cold this morning at 5 though, rucksack bulging at the seams with everything i wore this morning
    Hills and Guinness!

All I saw of it was from trains between Leeds & Kings Cross -was dark and frosty when I left home and dark again when I arrived back in Leeds

Long work days since Sunday with lots of window gazing.
    Am off for a break in the Peaks this weekend........what's the betting that it'll be gloomy, wet and cold???
    BUM.

Super Moderator

Don't worry, it'll be grand all weekend in the Peak - Swoop's sorting out some good weather for us for the Edale thrash on Friday ;-}

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Don't worry, it'll be grand all weekend in the Peak - Swoop's sorting out some good weather for us for the Edale thrash on Friday ;-}
    Not sure it's going to last.
    Running along Cracken Edge today the view across to Brown Knoll was brilliant. Pure blue sky. Could even see handgliders above Mam Tor in the distance. Kinder, Mount Famine and South Head looked a picture. We sat on the bench below Big Stone and admired the view.
    Then ran down to The Lamb and had a pint and lunch outside the pub! In February!!
    Very strange as I had to scrape the frost off the car windscreen before we set off earlier!

Super Moderator

Sounds a good day Swoop! Been stunning again over here today too. Local TV news saying record temps y'day.

I'm depressed.

All this talk of good weather and I'm off out now in the dark and cold. And I'm not being made redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugger View Post
    Long work days since Sunday with lots of window gazing.
    Am off for a break in the Peaks this weekend........what's the betting that it'll be gloomy, wet and cold???
    BUM.
    And I'm off to N Wales for the week-end - daren't look at the forecast else I may get depressed