Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous person Top Trumps

Famous person Top Trumps

No real rules apart from they can’t be fellrunners and you can’t have people you’ve paid to see i.e the whole of Man Utd (otherwise I’d have Fleetwood Mac) no prizes, just the ‘kudos’ as they say on Strava.

Top this;

Bruce Forsyth, Corney Fell

I’m coming in quite high here, I do have lowlier trumps.

Liam Gallagher & Patsy Kensit, Naples airport 1996, on my honeymoon. Got pictures & my passport signed (which I later reported lost so I could keep it).

Prince Charles, BAFTA Theatre, 1990
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    The Queen. 1971 at the opening of Scammonden Dam. She unveiled a plaque and spent time shaking hands of all the kids. (Of which I was one)

Super Moderator
    Edwina Currie in the Red Lion, Litton (Peak, not Yorkshire Dales), about four weeks ago

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    When I was 15, my school moved from its ramshackle Victorian buildings in the town centre to a new site on the edge of town, and they managed to get the Secretary of State for Education to perform the official opening. We boys all had to wait for ages in the cold and then stand there while the tedious ceremony was performed. So I got a bad first impression of Margaret Thatcher (and none of her subsequent actions improved my impression of her)

She also visited the girls' school on the other side of town that day. It was there that they had to hurriedly remove the graffiti, "Maggie Thatcher, Milk Snatcher", that one of the young ladies had scrawled on a wall.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Graham Gooch, England test cricket captain in a shop in Chelmsford in 1989. It was an open day and I was there buying equipment for my polytechnic’s cricket club. I said to a stall holder “I hear Graham Gooch will be coming today”. “Yes he’s standing next to you” came the reply. I turned to my left to see Gooch tucking into a buffet and rolling his eyes.

Super Moderator
    Jez is going to take some beating I think (mind I’m keeping my Italian football referee at Pisa airport surrounded by fans back for the time being)

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Jez is going to take some beating I think (mind I’m keeping my Italian football referee at Pisa airport surrounded by fans back for the time being)
    Nah, I reckon my Derek Griffiths from Film Fun at Egremont Filling station mid seventies does him

Rafa Benitez in a resturant over in The Wirral a couple of months ago. He asked if he could have a selfie with my young son who was in a Liverpool top.

Many years ago I had a pint after the Saturday game vs Man City with some members of the liverpool team including Ronnie Whelan and Steve McMahon in a pub, which was owned by Steve McMahon I think.
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 25-07-2019 at 09:16 AM.