Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Gritstone Any Time Challenge

Really enjoyed my little trot around the Five Trig Challenge this morning. I started at the Roaches (finger post at the bottom) ran up and then down on the path rather than the dropping off into the heather as the weather was challenging and seemed easier to stick to the metaled path. What it meant was that I completed the road section on fresh legs and further that there was not last climb on tired legs as after Shuttlingsloe it was a steady run back to the Roaches. I completed in 3hrs 55 and really pleased with that given the weather conditions. A lovely run thanks Mr Moorlander

I'm considering a run around this next Saturday if anyone is around and would like a jaunt out.

Well I had a run round today. Took me 4:50 which I was disappointed with as I'd hoped to clock close to 4 but I think I choose some poor lines. Started below the Roaches which threw in some extra climb. I ended taking a mountain marathon style route choice onto Axe Edge which wasn't great. Probably walked more of the climbs than I really needed to and spent more time looking at the map than I had to. I would really like to do it again some time... shame I live in Northumberland.

Considering this Sunday..
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Something of a thread resurrection, but hoping to have a go at this today, mildly niggly Achilles allowing... I assume it's pretty wet up there at the moment?

Maybe not .... dead feeling & achey legs, so did grin low - Solomon's temple - Burbage trig - shining tor - cat & fiddle - 3 shires head (with a quick swim to cool the leg pain) - axe edge - grin low. Nice run on very wet ground & very changeable conditions. Pretty glad I didn't do any more as legs feel reasonable rather than destroyed today.

Give it another go later in the summer I think!

Thread resurrection - again(Depeche Mode, anyone?)

Going to have a crack at this on Friday 26th Aug, with my OMM partner as a warm up for this year's Medium Score Class.
    May start, and therefore finish at the Crag Inn at Wildboarclough, which although it has changed hands recently, should be open for a beer by the time we finish.

Thinking of going clockwise, doing the 'hard ascent' of Shutlingslow first, then bagging Shining Tor, C+F, Burbage, Axe Edge and then leaving the Roaches to depend on time/ legs etc

Any tips?
    Best Wishes

David
    Cheshire Hash House Harriers http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk/cheshire/

I did this a few weeks ago in the baking heat, found it harder than expected, not sure i've got many tips to give as i went anti clockwise from cat and fiddle, except maybe dont underestimate it.

Great day out yesterday, slow and steady on an anticlockwise circuit starting at the Crag Inn.
    Carrying approx 5kilos as OMM practice, made it round in about 6hrs30, but we stopped for 'lunch' approaching Axe Edge and a brewup at Burbage trig, probably about 40mins stoppage time altogether.

Weather was ideal - visibility to the Mersey, with a cooling breeze
    Best Wishes

David
    Cheshire Hash House Harriers http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk/cheshire/

Had a go at this today - tougher than expected. Managed it in 3hr 50min, probably only made 2 navigational errors. Really enjoyed Axe Edge. Didn't enjoy the roads up to Flash.
    Agree with an earlier post - the offroad line from the roaches trig is terrible. Instantly regretted it!