Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skins

Re: Skins

Well have to say i'm an ardent advocate of them! Have a pair of the long tights. Tend not to bother with them after a short run/cycle nor do I actually run wearing them but am convinced they have aided recovery after a long run/cycle/adventure race or whatever..........and the are sooooooo comfy!!

The tights don't help me recover better at all, but I tend to wear the long sleeve top when doing weights and I do feel it helps then slightly.

Aldi were selling some very similar kit a few weeks ago - supposed to be compression ski thermals or something. I got a T shirt for about a fiver. Seems OK but no better/worse than a lifa. They had tights as well. Seems to me that the same things come round in Aldi every twelve months or so, so they will probably have them again next winter.

some interesting thoughts on the subject in episode 59

www.tri-talk.com

I can't comment on any other makes, but I have a pair of 2XU shorts and quite frankly, they're crap in terms of the benefits claimed as I haven't noticed any difference. Just an overpriced pair of lycra shorts if you ask me.