Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: West Highland Way

Paul Giblin 14:20:11, Robbie Britton in 2nd was sub 15 as well. Amazing running from these 2 guys

Quote Originally Posted by petestack View Post
    No. 137. Three previous races at 22:15 (2007), 20:49 (2010) and 20:44 (2011), so your guess is as good as mine!
    22:49:09 for me. Horribly sick just after Rowardennan, then several hours of struggling and big stops before the engine finally started to work! So not the sub-20 that had tempted me back for another go, but a good 'save' as well as clear signal that enough is enough.

As for Paul Giblin and Robbie Britton, surely we're talking truly 'world class' performances here! Which has to be good for both them and the race.

How bizarre to catch up oli in the sick bay post race...good race tho. I really felt for all the support with the black clouds of midges everwhere.

Perfect conditions out there. Top 13 all under 18hrs. Gilpin and britten in another league...

Quote Originally Posted by andy69 View Post
    Perfect conditions out there. Top 13 all under 18hrs. Gilpin and britten in another league...
    Incredible runs.. I'm gob smacked by Paul as he's just not shown this sort of form.. even his last record seemed an outlier.. his 100k times are similar to mine, most of his race times are, and then he pulls off these runs. Just superb running, he must really know how to peak for a race.

Great run by Robbie, he's been over shadowed by Paul, but to run a 14:47 off almost no experience on the course is outstanding.. very brave run to go out sub record pace and lead for what 30-40 miles?

Class runs by both.

How bizarre to catch up oli in the sick bay post race...good race tho. I really felt for all the support with the black clouds of midges everwhere.
    Good to have caught up with you Andy.

Other than the midges I enjoyed the day and very happy to get sub 20hr.

Some rest now & then UTMB focus!
    Body held together by Eden Bodyworks: http://www.edenbodyworks.co.uk/

Twitter: @Oliblom

Really enjoyed my weekend on WHW. Had a great crew and managed a great result for me! 24hr 48min, well inside my best realistic targets!

Giblin and Britton are just different class to anyone else there! Unbelievable times!

Great event well worth doing once...if you have an almost perfect weekend!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Sounds like we all exceeded expectations...apart from the damned black swarms conditions must have helped. I was dead happy with a very unexpected 17.37.

Sounds like we all exceeded expectations
    No, not me... three hours outside mine and a PW too! But not the first (or last) time I'll have wanted something I couldn't have, and still a 'good' result in a totally unexpected way.

Quote Originally Posted by petestack View Post
    As for Paul Giblin and Robbie Britton, surely we're talking truly 'world class' performances here! Which has to be good for both them and the race.
    Worth noting that ladies' race was also of fine quality, with Fionna Ross at 18:45:04 and Rosie Bell at 19:02:19 taking third and fourth places on the ladies' all-time list. Please see Adrian Stott's reports of the men's and ladies' races as well as full results and further blog links at the West Highland Way Race site.