Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N.F.R Training sessions ?

N.F.R Training sessions ?

Hello all looking for a club, I live in the north east so the NFR seem a logical choice, and I was wondering if any of you are out there and if so can you tell me if you have regular training runs, or just informal get togethers on weekends etc.
    I know you have a very good website but when you hit the "about" button it does not get you very far.
    So if any NFR lads or lasses are on here I would be very gratefull for info

cheers.

Re: N.F.R Training sessions ?

Hello Markt i run for NFR and its a great club to be in.Members use like many other running clubs an e-group where members often organize Training days/Long runs in the Lakes quite regularly as a lot of our members are Bob Graham Round Club Members and know the lakes well.Other members do training runs in the Simonside and Cheviots and there are also usually an annual NFR weekend away for the family.Hope this has helped you and there are links on the website to the secretary/chairman should you want any more information im sure they would be happy to help you.

Thanks gazj1979, better off joining and try a couple of runs in the Cheviots or Simonside, do you run with them regularly?, and do they have any slower runners because I dont want to slow anyone down.
    I allways find Im a bit apprehensive of going out with runners of a good standard. I know the cheviots like the back of my hand. so even if they run off into the distance I could still get back to safety.
    Thanks for the reply, I spotted on the website this Sunday at Seathwaite farm, Its my favourite place in the lakes, but a hard intro to fell running I think Anyway if your going sunday enjoy .

Thanks Markt.

Hi Markt

I do the NFR website - sorry about the 'about' page: it needs to be done ...

As you might appreciate, Northumberland is a big place and the club has a membership reaching North Northumberland, Tynedale, Tyne and Wear and Co. Durham (and further), so regular club training nights are not very practical (although many members do train with their respective road running clubs). But as Gazj (hi!) says, members can use the egroup to meet up for occasional informal training or social runs, sometimes weekends away, as well as car-sharing to races and all manner of other things too.

Members come in all shapes and sizes, speeds and abilities so you're bound to fit in somewhere. Everyone would be welcome.

Just send in an application form (from the website) to join up and when you get to a race, say hello - say hello even if you don't join up! - talking of which, I thought you were coming to the Alwinton Show race last October after our last conversation? (no need to reply!)

Durham Fell Runners have regular training nights around Hamsterley Forest which might interest you.

Thanks topofahill sounds like a good idea join and fit in somewhere, come to mention it alwinton show race does ring a bell, scared to say my next one could be Brough law, planning on that one as my first to get me back into it. Thanks for the reply fill the form in ASAP.

Hi mark,
    a few of us from NFR have been doing the odd midweek run on a wednesday daytime, and as the nights get lighter we will probably be doing some runs round simonside and thrunton after work.

so if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our club!

Hi Mark, I've recently joined NFR and I'm also member of a road club too (North Shields Poly). I haven't been on any training runs with NFR yet, but do intend to. If you're ever on the same run as me you don't have to worry about me heading off into the distance as I'll be the lantern rouge

Thrunton woods wednesday 0945 2nd april, shift workers on the hills, msg me if you fancy it

Hello Phil,
    Cant make the midweek runs as I work days, but could make evening runs no problem. I would like to get to some of the lakeland runs at weekends so will keep an eye on the e group for dates. I missed the Brough law race and cant make the Doctors gate as I am stopping at Barrowburn Bunkhouse for the weekend, so I can still get a run Sunday morning.
    The following weekend is the Allendale Challenge so I am running/walking that one to see what I can get round in.
    So the next one after that is the Cheviot summit, Oven Gloves if you fancy that one we could struggle up together (its all down hill on the way back) .

Mark, Cheviot Summit is on my to do list, so I'll no doubt see you there