Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaw droppingly beautiful

Smile Jaw droppingly beautiful

I was driving from Settle towards Airton (near Malham) this afternoon and, at its highest point, this single track road passes through chunk of Scosthrop Moor, where something like 25 highland cows have an area of the grassy moor, getting on for what 8 or 9 square miles, all to themselves. Needless to say three of them chose to stop in the middle of the road forcing me to wait patiently while they mulled over either ambling out of my way or giving my car a horn sandwich.

Whilst waiting though it suddenly occured to me that I was pretty much surrounded by the most incredibly stunning view. Okay no teaming herds of wilderbeast but give me highland cows anytime.

The view went from the Embsay Moor ridge above Rylstone in the east, passing over Rough Haw and Sharp Haw above Flasby (both obscuring Skipton behind), a wide valley with Gargrave probably in it somewhere, backed by the hills above Carlton and Elslack, then moving over rolling partially wooded downs that looked the spitting image of Hobbiton before beginning to rise and then be over powered by Pendle Hill in the south.

Then as my eyes panned west there was a huge (and uncharted to me) series of hills making up the forest of Bowland that eventually panned round with the high tops of the Lake District all being visible, what 40 miles away, on the westerly horizon. The view didn't finish there either with me being able to look north west over towards Attamire Scar above Settle with Ingleborough visible in the gap between High Hill and one of the tops overloooking Attamire.

Nothing short of gob smackingly stunning.

Re: Jaw droppingly beautiful

That is a stunning view, Stolly, clag was down on the hobblihike yesterday, saw nothing, Prefer highland cows to wilderbeast, they're much gentler in the trampling stakes
    Hills and Guinness!

[QUOTE=Stolly;112946]I was driving from Settle towards Airton (near Malham) this afternoon and, at its highest point, this single track road passes through chunk of Scosthrop Moor, where something like 25 highland cows have an area of the grassy moor, getting on for what 8 or 9 square miles, all to themselves. Needless to say three of them chose to stop in the middle of the road forcing me to wait patiently while they mulled over either ambling out of my way or giving my car a horn sandwich.

Whilst waiting though it suddenly occured to me that I was pretty much surrounded by the most incredibly stunning view. Okay no teaming herds of wilderbeast but give me highland cows anytime.

[QUOTE]

No cattle ambling over the road near here, just the odd Zebra crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    No cattle ambling over the road near here, just the odd Zebra crossing.
    No Zebra's here, just the odd pelican crossing, and if i look to the hills from my lounge window, i may see a ewe turn
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    No Zebra's here, just the odd pelican crossing, and if i look to the hills from my lounge window, i may see a ewe turn
    C'mon Merry, you're just Ram bling on now.

C'mon Merry, you're just Ram bling on now.
    I'll be quiet now, you've made me feel sheepish Off to clean my bike before i go to work
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    I'll be quiet now, you've made me feel sheepish Off to clean my bike before i go to work
    Theres no pulling the wool over you eyes is there.

Theres no pulling the wool over you eyes is there.
    Shearly ewe knew that already, i've herd similar muttonings about ewe Ian, wool, i'm off for a quick dip now, see you later. Baaaaaa that was terrible, glad i've got it out of my system
    Hills and Guinness!

You've successfully ruined the moment

Nothing is sacred .
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...